Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

What did you do to your Africa Twin today?

496K views 4K replies 400 participants last post by  DoubleThumper 
#1 ·
Share what you did today with the Africa Twin community!

Example: Met up with the Africa Twin group and went on a ride with the boys!

Example: Finally received the heated grips in the mail. I will be installing them tomorow, stay tuned for pictures.

Example: Took her out to play in the dirt for the first time...

Anything goes.... :grin2:

#21 ·
Today I went to a Speed Awareness Course on the AT. Got the ticket on the bike so going to the course on it was a given.
Set off a little late and my have very slightly transgressed on the way ???
Veeeeery slow coming home. Good course all in all, must try harder on AT tho !

#23 ·
I had previously installed the oem fog light switch, fog light wiring and power outlet and was waiting for the SW Motech bars to show up so I could get them installed and finalize the mounting of the fog lights. The lights are Mondo Moto MM10's with amber lenses that I removed from the bike the A/T replaced.

I apologize for the extremely clean bike it only has 400Kms on it winter arrived and the insurance ran out two weeks after I got it.

Attachments

#24 ·
Anyone know how to fix the pics ?

This forum rotates them 90 deg when uploaded I tried saving them 90 deg out then up loading but that doesn't work.

#26 ·
I had some PIAA mounting brackets that clamp onto 7/8" bars I used the 90deg part of these brackets and a longer bolt. I was planning on using the complete PIAA bracket but the main section of the crash bars are 1" not 7/8". A piece of aluminum or steel flat bar bent at 90deg would also work.

Attachments

#28 ·
Went for a ride in December and was a bit concerned about the fuel consumption. So, yesterday I set off on a 'controlled' test. I have a feeling it got a bit out of hand. The overall test distance was 850 kms.
And by the way, still not sure about the fuel consumption :)

Attachments

Reactions: Mcridr
#30 ·
Just browsing through the posts not paying particular notice of the poster, paging through the pics thinking "that looks like Africa" (this is a world site after all)only to be confronted by a local map. Quite a pleasant surprise, enjoy the AT