Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
Installed the Altrider high fender kit this weekend. Bought it a while ago off of an AT Facebook group for 1/2 price from an owner who never installed it and then sold his bike. Also was able to pick up this new Givi windscreen for only $50! New in box on Facebook Marketplace. Pointed out by a local ADV riding FB forum member. Works great! Super great deal. Did this all Friday evening / Saturday AM and then went for a 200 mile dirt ride. Awesome weekend!
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Enduro Motocross

· Registered
131 Posts
Call me crazy but... Installed my new Akrapovic slip on (have the headers too but no time) this Friday evening in preparation for a ride Saturday. Took it for a quick 10 or 15 mile spin on highway and back roads. Sounds awesome but man is it loud. I'm sure I'll catch some slack for this. Not sure I can deal with it long term. Always wanted an Akrapovic exhaust but... Went home and put the stocker right back on. Rode 605 miles Saturday and enjoyed it as it comes. Maybe I'm too old, maybe I don't want to be "that guy" who all the neighbors hate. I did have people look at me like they never have before as I drove by them on the highway. :LOL: I've had a full system for a couple of months and finally thought I'd take the plunge. Oh well.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

· Registered
131 Posts
Also the right side (where you tighten the axle bolt) keeps sliding a little backwards. Any tips are appreciated.
Motion pro makes a fancy blue aluminum piece just for this reason but I throw a wrench in between the lower chain and sprocket and turn the wheel forwards. This will draw the wrench in and push the chain away from the sprocket tightening the chain. Then chain tension will pull the wheel nicely forward bringing both sides of the axel up tight against the stops. Just keep the wheel from turning with your knee or something while you tighten the axel bolt. Super easy and free assuming you've got a wrench or a tire lever or something to stick in there. As far as straightening, I just trust that the machined in factory swing arm marks are accurate and when adjusting make sure you turn each side the same amount. I usually turn them 1/6th of a turn at a time using the hex flats as reference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts