Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

Premium Member
Just roughly checked and it will be close, unlikely I will ever have full compression but ...

Will measure a bit better later and see what I think.
Great job on that bracket (y)how did you bend it so straight?

Also how do you check the clearance for full compression?
I installed the second horn pretty low, so wasn't too make sure it will not interfere.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille Automotive design Motor vehicle

Premium Member
it would be confusing, since REAR camera's view, when played on the TFT would display a "backward image", showing cars overtaking you on the right side, instead of left.
Unless there is a built in camera feature to "horizontally flip the image"

Premium Member
You see that would be perfect as we drive/ride on the correct side of the road here :D

Seriously though I think there is a mirroring option.
my two Sony action cams have the flip vertically option, meaning camera can be mounted upside-down.
...the horizontal flip feature is probably a feature in some App

I wont bother with F+R cameras...it's old school, ...I'll just tie my DJI drone on a 20ft string and get the 360 - Aerial - view and will stream the video into my helmet visor HUD
Helmet Smile Vehicle Motor vehicle Headgear

and the video feed will have AR (augmented reality)
Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Bicycle Building Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Helmet Tire

• IN 3D
  • AND 8K
  • :D (y)

Premium Member
The motorcycle industry is long overdue for a power efficient, compact and robust HUD solution. There have been some decent attempts, but we need a bit more effort. AR is definitely useful in urban centers.
I agree, I find it "cumbersome" to text;
  • while in motion
  • looking down to my phone
  • EVEN in "D" automatic mode, and
  • EVEN with cruise ON :rolleyes:

we definitely need more distraction, this TFT touch screen is not enough.... and "Honda, Please can we get more of those (Non back-lit ) buttons ?" :D

Premium Member
This morning I performed the first oil change on my 22 AT Standard using OEM Honda Oil & Filter @ 605 miles. The factory oil filter was put on by a gorilla! Had to use a strap wrench with 1/2" drive. Wow. But did not over fill engine or spill any oil on my garage floor plus no leaks from torqued to spec drain plugs or oil filter. A good first experience.
That'll be me next week, dealer wanted cad$300 for first service, hell no, I know how to do oil change and lube the chain. Will watch the DCT oil change video first, and make sure "hand wrist twist, good and snug" rather then striping the threads (y)
Got all the stuff for 90bucks, will have left over oil for next time. Here's pic with part numbers.(let's hope they gave me the right parts, it would be nice if somebody here can verify for me ?)
Font Carmine Fashion accessory Event Soil

Premium Member
pretty stable footage, colors and resolution, seems like a decent system, good job with the install.

P.S next time when you go out, ride near some beach resort, and ride really, really sloooow :D

Premium Member
Fitted an BroTech AirGlass screen protector to protect the replacement TFT that was fitted today.
Had to redo all of my settings, thankfully I remembered what most were, also had to pair the phone and headset and then get the carsifi wireless adapter paired.

View attachment 74523
Hood, did you have a chance to see the "behinds of TFT" any chance to install that TFT on a hinge or some bracket to make it adjustable by a couple of degrees, just to move it a bit in case of sun glare?

Premium Member
From what I have seen so far there isn't an issue with water ingress. I suspect dry solder joints are the issue with the touch panels or possibly poor printed flat cable connections.
My first experience with AT TFT, is; "not very responsive and lagging, still a bit too glaring" and that's without gloves.

I believe Garmin is the leader in "outdoor, vibration resistant touch screens"

One short article on internet indicates Panasonic makes Honda TFT's
Smile Handwriting Font Rectangle Circle

Premium Member
Mine is nothing like as bad as that, get a slight tingling in my thumb after a few hours but not enough to stop me riding.
Never had anything like that on the 2021 AT and I had the same hand guards but I was wondering if I maybe have them mounted too tight on the ATAS but if you have issues and you have the oem handguards it may not be that.
How about taking the internal weight out and see if it makes it worse or better, only a few minutes to do that.
Same here just slight tingling, then I engage Cruise and exercise the right wrist for a minute and it goes away.
@killswitch did you try "Crampbuster" it should help since you can hold the throttle by just resting the palm of your right hand, with your fingers mostly free.
Musical instrument accessory Peripheral Nickel Guitar accessory Tool

Premium Member
Have thought about cramp buster but then had a friend crash and break his collarbone and ribs cos of it so decided to try other avenues first.
:( I never heard anybody would have issues with crampbuster, but then again... it's an "add on"...not designed by motorcycle industry... anything added may cause problems

Premium Member
Where it was previously was perfect, almost invisible and totally centred but just a slim chance I could whack it if I ever bottomed to suspension so I had to move it :D

I was looking at an image of the headlight the last day and there is a pocket in it which may be big enough to accommodate the Innovv but there may be something else in there and I have not looked to see. It would mean making a hatch of some sort in, at least, the front panel and possibly it may even be under the bottom of the screen. I may look one day but that day is not now so the camera will stay to the side.

View attachment 74864
Maybe Honda left the space for The front radar unit for Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Rim

Premium Member
Applied some temporary paint protection for most critical area, until I get some "proper 1/8" or 3/16" rubber with sticky back" then I'll re-cut and replace.

First I applied the clear sticky back film and traced the area I want to cover, used (flexible plastic ruller)
Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Sleeve

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Eyewear Sunglasses

Then peeled of clear film and stick it back to the original backing paper
Sleeve Office supplies Font Rectangle Pattern

Cut it out following the line, then traced it to the back side of "carbon fiber film"
Slope Wood Font Rectangle Pattern

Cut and apply to the bike
Hood Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Carbon

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Vehicle Blue Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

It will do the job, until I find the right rubber, something similar to TechSpec or others, but a fraction of the price, and more protected area.
(If anybody knows a good rubber product, please share the part number and source, maybe some anti-slip marine product for boats would work?)

(***clear film I used for tracing is Home Depot, cupboard shelvings protective film, or similar)

***Carbon fiber film, from Automotive section in Canadian Tire, or other similar or better 3M film available from Amazon, maybe red or blue would look better?

Premium Member
Many things coming up shortly, but today I serviced my chain with Honda Chain Lube. Did it need it? Doubt it. But I was more curious if my J&S jack I use for my Harley Davidson would safely lift the AT enough so I could spin the rear wheel. It will safely lift bike so both wheels are off the ground. Pleased......

That's a complicated centerstand you got 馃槃

1 - 20 of 82 Posts