Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
2081 - 2100 of 2179 Posts

· Premium Member
718 Posts
I have this do-dad and it works reliably.
However, since I really dislike chain maintenance, removing the chain guard is unexciting.
I used it on my Vstrom and it works, but will get a longer "stick/bar", maybe a welding wire/rod/electrode will fit?

...didn't know it's hard to remove the "chain guard" on AT ? :unsure:

· Premium Member
718 Posts
I am just lazy. I diss chain maintenance. Sooooo 20th century. (back in the 20th century I used to say, " ... sooooo 19th century ... ")
didn't remove my rear wheel yet, guessing 3 bolts holding the guard...
but there is also a "Laser chain alignment tool available" that might work with the guard in place?

· Registered
2022 Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES
107 Posts
I don't have any pictures but I fit an Arrow maxi race-tech slip on muffler on my 22 ATAS!! It sounds pretty sweet. Nice rumble while cruising and very nice idle sound! I like it lots so far. I purchased the aluminum/ stainless steel version. very nice construction I'm am very pleased with Arrow!

· Premium Member
718 Posts
I don't have any pictures but I fit an Arrow maxi race-tech slip on muffler on my 22 ATAS!! It sounds pretty sweet. Nice rumble while cruising and very nice idle sound! I like it lots so far. I purchased the aluminum/ stainless steel version. very nice construction I'm am very pleased with Arrow!
Water, Did you know that you just voided your 1yr Mfg warranty? 🤣
The aftermarket exhaust system will not void the warranty of the entire motorcycle. Still, after the exhaust is changed, the exhaust system, oxygen and other sensors and any OTHER problems caused by the exhaust system are no longer covered by the warranty
Some warranties state that if the aftermarket part causes any damage to the motorcycle, the warranty is then void.
The bottom line is that if you install an aftermarket exhaust, use the dealership; otherwise, if the aftermarket part causes any damage, the (Whole new motorcycle) warranty may no longer be in effect.

· Registered
2022 Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES
107 Posts
Water, Did you know that you just voided your 1yr Mfg warranty? 🤣
The aftermarket exhaust system will not void the warranty of the entire motorcycle. Still, after the exhaust is changed, the exhaust system, oxygen and other sensors and any OTHER problems caused by the exhaust system are no longer covered by the warranty
Some warranties state that if the aftermarket part causes any damage to the motorcycle, the warranty is then void.
The bottom line is that if you install an aftermarket exhaust, use the dealership; otherwise, if the aftermarket part causes any damage, the (Whole new motorcycle) warranty may no longer be in effect.
i think i voided it when i cut the cat out lol

· July 2022 ROTM Winner
663 Posts
... nice museum piece? :)
I am hoping to attach my bike to one 😆

Thats a display model (actually the R3 version) in the dealership showroom, which I have just visited. They have taken my weight, riding style etc and put the order through to the factory, hopefully will have my hands on it in 4wks and then I can fit it (simple bolt off and on job). My OEM preload failed and seeing as it’s a sealed unit I was left with no other option but to look aftermarket. My ethos has always been get the best you can if possible, so having decided the AT will be with me for a while it is time to upgrade. Next year I will do the fork internals to match. the quality is top top class!

· Registered
128 Posts
Also the right side (where you tighten the axle bolt) keeps sliding a little backwards. Any tips are appreciated.
Motion pro makes a fancy blue aluminum piece just for this reason but I throw a wrench in between the lower chain and sprocket and turn the wheel forwards. This will draw the wrench in and push the chain away from the sprocket tightening the chain. Then chain tension will pull the wheel nicely forward bringing both sides of the axel up tight against the stops. Just keep the wheel from turning with your knee or something while you tighten the axel bolt. Super easy and free assuming you've got a wrench or a tire lever or something to stick in there. As far as straightening, I just trust that the machined in factory swing arm marks are accurate and when adjusting make sure you turn each side the same amount. I usually turn them 1/6th of a turn at a time using the hex flats as reference.

· Premium Member
718 Posts
Applied some temporary paint protection for most critical area, until I get some "proper 1/8" or 3/16" rubber with sticky back" then I'll re-cut and replace.

First I applied the clear sticky back film and traced the area I want to cover, used (flexible plastic ruller)
View attachment 74997
View attachment 74996
Then peeled of clear film and stick it back to the original backing paper
View attachment 74999
Cut it out following the line, then traced it to the back side of "carbon fiber film"
View attachment 75000
Cut and apply to the bike
View attachment 75003
View attachment 75002
View attachment 75001
It will do the job, until I find the right rubber, something similar to TechSpec or others, but a fraction of the price, and more protected area.
(If anybody knows a good rubber product, please share the part number and source, maybe some anti-slip marine product for boats would work?)

(***clear film I used for tracing is Home Depot, cupboard shelvings protective film, or similar)

***Carbon fiber film, from Automotive section in Canadian Tire, or other similar or better 3M film available from Amazon, maybe red or blue would look better?
In addition, I designed and applied the same film to my tank, to protect it from scratching.

...if I continue the trend, I'll end up with a "carbon Fibre Black ATAS" :ROFLMAO:
Hood Azure Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

· Registered
2021 CRF1100L
10 Posts
Got the Innovv K5 fitted and wired.
Great install guide! This is probably the best one for the K5/AT that I can find online!
I'm trying to avoid removing the fuel tank though (because: lazy), so I'm going planning to run the wires down the side panels.

Do you have a picture of the camera mount point? Is it just under the headlights? I have AS3 side bars installed, so I'm not sure if I can use the same location as you have.

· Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,943 Posts
Great install guide! This is probably the best one for the K5/AT that I can find online!
I'm trying to avoid removing the fuel tank though (because: lazy), so I'm going planning to run the wires down the side panels.

Do you have a picture of the camera mount point? Is it just under the headlights? I have AS3 side bars installed, so I'm not sure if I can use the same location as you have.
The tank is easy enough to remove, slightly harder to refit but still simple.

I have since shifted the position of the front camera by welding a small aluminium bracket I made onto the AS3P bars, did the same for the Denali S4's as I wasn't keen on the clamps as they were close to the side panels.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

The original bracket fitted to the point where the AS3P bars fit to the stainless bracket they come with.

Automotive tire Hood Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

You are welcome to the stainless bracket for the price of postage if you want it.

Computer keyboard Peripheral Computer Space bar Input device

· July 2022 ROTM Winner
663 Posts
Had a day off work so took a 250 mile round trip to some bike shops and the Headlands Cafe at Flamborough Light house (Bridlington, UK).

P.S. Had a chance to look up close at the Royal Enfield Interceptor today. I must say for a bike thats built in a region of the planet that is not necessarily known for quality, its a cracking little bike for the money.

Tire Wheel Sky Lighthouse Cloud

Water Cloud Sky Natural landscape Horizon

· Registered
'22 AT DCT
145 Posts
Installed the Denali D7's on the bars first while I wait for the SW-Motech light mounts to arrive on a slow boat.
Also installed the B6 brake light and SoundBomb, all hooked up to the ezCAN.

Love the pulsing brake lights and the strobing D7s when I flash the headlights 3 times.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
718 Posts
Installed the Denali D7's on the bars first while I wait for the SW-Motech light mounts to arrive on a slow boat.
Also installed the B6 brake light and SoundBomb, all hooked up to the ezCAN.

Love the pulsing brake lights and the strobing D7s when I flash the headlights 3 times.

View attachment 76865
Wonder if the D7's so high up will be making your signal lights "less visible", maybe it would be better for D7's to be below the bar?
Just an observation, otherwise looks good, and bright ☀
Did you add any Aux to the VFR as well?

2081 - 2100 of 2179 Posts