Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
2121 - 2140 of 2179 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,943 Posts
Seat concepts seat was supposed to be here on Monday but it arrived today, no customs charges yet but if I recall FedEx send them 3 or 4 weeks after delivery so I think I will still have to pay :D

Anyway the Honda low seat in low position, was never keen on the gap at the front but it was what it was.

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

The Seat Concepts seat from a similar angle, gap now gone :)

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Another pic of it from an angle, lighting is not great but more or less shows what it is like.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

It is much wider at the erse than the Honda one.

Brown Wood Beige Tints and shades Hardwood

Underside looks good but no place for the screwdriver and hex key sadly.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

Hopefully I get a chance to test it out tomorrow and see if it is better or worse than the Honda seat.

· Premium Member
2021 ATAS DCT ES
282 Posts
I was going to make a tail tidy but by the the time I measured up, made a couple of prototypes then made a final one I thought I might as well just buy one especially as they were on sale.

Just built it and will fit later but here it is in comparison to the original.

View attachment 77184
I like is this the RG one? Been looking a for a while at these

· Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,943 Posts
Gonna get dirty for anyone behind I think :D
Motor vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior

There is a cover that goes over the number plate light, not sure why as it has the R&G logo on the light itself.

Anyway have removed it so I can measure it up as I am planning to put a reflector on it. It s a requirement here to have a red rear facing reflector so if I can machine one to fit the cover I can then slip it on if required, not sure how well reflectors will machine but time will tell.

The cover.
Automotive tire Flooring Gas Rectangle Tints and shades

· Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,943 Posts
Well I can confirm the tail tidy doesn't work as well as the standard mud guard. I was expecting that but I wasn't expecting it to be quite as bad as it is :D
My Kriega bag on the rack is soaking wet underneath, pillion seat, number plate and light caked in muck and rear camera is not seeing much :D
Might go back to the standard mudguard although I do like the look of the tail tidy, we will see.

2121 - 2140 of 2179 Posts