Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
2141 - 2160 of 2273 Posts

· Premium Member
901 Posts
Well I can confirm the tail tidy doesn't work as well as the standard mud guard. I was expecting that but I wasn't expecting it to be quite as bad as it is :D
My Kriega bag on the rack is soaking wet underneath, pillion seat, number plate and light caked in muck and rear camera is not seeing much :D
Might go back to the standard mudguard although I do like the look of the tail tidy, we will see.
How much would some of these improve the rear wheel mud and dirt splashing?

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Font Vehicle brake

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Light

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

· Administrator
11,171 Posts
Well I can confirm the tail tidy doesn't work as well as the standard mud guard. I was expecting that but I wasn't expecting it to be quite as bad as it is :D
My Kriega bag on the rack is soaking wet underneath, pillion seat, number plate and light caked in muck and rear camera is not seeing much :D
Might go back to the standard mudguard although I do like the look of the tail tidy, we will see.
Ultimately, it is the fashion that Matters. :D

· Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
3,197 Posts
Well couldn't put up with this, had cleaned the camera by that time but it was just solid mud as well.

Motor vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive exterior Automotive tire Font

Bumper Hood Automotive exterior Aircraft Gas

If it hadn't been for the camera and the muck on the rack I could have lived with it but...

So back to the oem, uglier but cleaner :D

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

I may try and sell the R&G or my other option would be to get some indicators and rig it up ready for a swap in the summer months, well days as it is Scotland :D If it was all rigged up with the indicators it would just take 5 mins to swap out so it is definitely an option.

· Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
3,197 Posts
Just a thought, but you have the skills and equipment to make a mud shield for the camera if you want. something like an upside down sun shield?
I don't think it would work, the lens is very wide angled and anything close to it shows up. A shield underneath it would likely block everything except directly back and at the height of the camera.
In this image and you can see the rack above it and that is maybe 40-50mm above the camera lens.

Plant Natural landscape Road surface Vegetation Asphalt

· Registered
731 Posts
Went for a ride and instead of showing the Atas in a scenic place I show a picture of what must be superbike heaven must be like 🤩🤩. Stopped at a secondhand motorcycle dealer. Nice private collection💪 View attachment 77229
That reminded me of the Barber Motorcycle Museum in Alabama.

2141 - 2160 of 2273 Posts