Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

261 - 280 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Cayman is a fantastic sports car with the flat 6 ME pedigree.
Mine has some leading lap times at the UK's best race tracks, Thruxton, Croft and Donny.
Not to big-up a German car on a Japanese motorcycle forum but I've yet to be disappointed. :sneaky:
...Not so hot in gaps or on trails though. Can't see it going through a creak any time soon.

As for the two wheeler I'm checking out my chain today, and considering a coated replacement. The roads here might as well be carved out of salt. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I drove a track tuned Evo 8 MR which could corner > 1G and get to 60+ in 4 secs. I'm biased I guess.

:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tubeless conversion done, got a set of TKC 80s mounted.

Monday my Outback Motortek Ultimate Protection Combo Max (black) should be here, and sometime this week my Camel ADV high fender kit. Got a white KTM short fender and white Acerbis fork guards to go with it. Hopefully soon my suspension will be done, then it’ll be ready for me to break it in ?

18C51BC6-642C-4123-89CB-5FCCF78957D4.jpeg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yup I’ll reply back for sure. I figure if it doesn’t work, worst case I go back to tubes and am out like $50 in supplies. I went with the 3M 4412 tape, 1.5” up front and 2” in the back. Sealed the spokes with Lexel silicone and let that cure for a day before applying the tape.

Its been a while since I’ve changed motorcycle tires, happy to say I only busted one knuckle doing the swap. The motion pro bead breaker is nice for sure, I need to get a bead buddy though for putting them back on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Quick tip for anyone doing this tubeless conversion, trim off any excess tape that wraps up onto the flats on the front. I didn’t notice that I had tape up there when I mounted the tire, the bead would not seat fully. Pulled the tire back off, trimmed the tape, and remounted the tire, looks much better now. Will see if it holds air for the next few days.

Back tire seems to be holding, so I put that back on the bike. She’s starting to come together now. Also installed Altrider radiator guards while I was there. The biggest changes should be happening soon.

44F22425-DF11-4355-A566-3C5314EFB86B.jpeg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought It and rode home from the dealer, smothered it in ACF50 and fitted a Shad top box. Ive got Heed basic crashbars to install, hopefully I'll get round to fitting them before they're needed!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Finally rode mine for the first time.

I was surprised how “thumperish” it feels. Not the smoothest engine. But it’s nice and torquey. Feels like a quality machine, as I’d expect from Honda.

I used to have a KLR650 and honestly it just feels like a refined version. Didn’t feel like a lot more power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had my first proper ride out on mine today. No question I made the right choice of bike now. It's a very impressive back road scratcher!
I also took my twelve year old twins out for a little spin each. They loved it, glad I've given them a good introduction to biking.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Camel ADV high fender kit is installed and started putting the Outback Motortek stuff on. Holy crap is that OM stuff beefy! Got the main frame support and the skid plate mounted, need to open up a hole to get the right side main bar on. Can’t do the left side until the suspension is here, the rear clamp covers the upper shock access hole.

Also ordered all of my riding gear so I’ll be ready to go when the bike is finished.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Got some time today to spoon on the new front tire and had a chuckle after I finished. I heard a loud hissing so thought for sure I did something when installing the tire, so I turned down the radio and put my ear around the wheel trying to find out where it was coming from, then I realized that it was just my ears ringing. :D I've had tinnitus for years now and it was really bad today but when I'm working on something I tend to forget about it. Big sigh of relief though when I realized I wouldn't have to take the tire back off.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Got some time today to spoon on the new front tire and had a chuckle after I finished. I heard a loud hissing so thought for sure I did something when installing the tire, so I turned down the radio and put my ear around the wheel trying to find out where it was coming from, then I realized that it was just my ears ringing. :D I've had tinnitus for years now and it was really bad today but when I'm working on something I tend to forget about it. Big sigh of relief though when I realized I wouldn't have to take the tire back off.
Good news HD, yet a wee bit sad.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Reinstalled the suspension, weather is getting nicer (though we are supposed to get 5-7” of snow this weekend...) so i figure might as well get the bike rideable for when it is decent out. Also working on installing the Outback Motortek bars, just need to get the top bar on now. Had to open up one hole on the right side to get it installed (at the rear connection, where it goes over the stud), only had to take a little bit of material out. Also installed some BDCW pegs.

Got an Altrider headlight guard and some Doubletake mirrors to install tomorrow.

Got all my riding gear too. UPS guy is probably wondering what the **** is going on here :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Changed Oil, Filter, DCT Filter. Aired up tires....65 degrees at 10 am....
Had to wait on my oil filter wrench......finished up at 4 pm.....44 degrees. Believe me the old hands we're dropping the bash plate screws and numb...can't wait for Spring! wait a minute it's this weekend ?....so don't ever get up in the years...

261 - 280 of 386 Posts