Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

281 - 299 of 299 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,140 Posts

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
I had one on my 2016 but sold it along with the bike. A little different setup, because I was using the Motorcycle Adventure Gear risers and mount. But it looks like Tim closed up shop on that project, which is too bad.

At some point, I may ride down to Colorado Springs to BRP and have Jim set me up with new.

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
My wife and I took our AT's for a ride yesterday. Rode out to a park where we enjoyed a packed lunch while staying about 60 yards, let alone 6' from everyone. It was nice and a little wierd at the same time. :)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got my AT, so I have been riding it and yesterday I got the Barkbusters delivered, so I installed them. Maybe I'll be less scared on dirt roads and can start improving!

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
I just got my AT, so I have been riding it and yesterday I got the Barkbusters delivered, so I installed them. Maybe I'll be less scared on dirt roads and can start improving!
Barkbusters are a solid edition. The OEM guards aren't much more than a wind blocker and will pop off if you look at them wrong.

However, this is a bark buster from one of my wife's bikes after a slide down the road at 60Mph. Plastic was destroyed, but the backbone held tough.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I am not convinced any hand guard blocks meaningful wind at freeway speeds. In the woods they would definitely protect. Maybe at freeway velocities the odd rock or hard-shelled bug will fail to reach the knuckles.

As for physical protection, looks like your wife benefited Cuch.

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
I do think the BarkBuster Storms do provide more than the OEM's or other similar styles to the point where I sometimes find them to warm in summer and think about taking them off to get some wind on the hands.

But certainly they don't to the extent of Hippo Hands or the BarkBuster BBZ.

I was surprised how well that backbone held up considering. I am not sure how much it benefitted her though. She and the bike took seperate paths at some point. Ó╭╮Ò

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
They are. I am sure I have one set of white ones and 2 sets of black if you find yourself needing OEM plastics.

281 - 299 of 299 Posts