Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

341 - 360 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
HA - very nice snaps. From what region do these originate?

RE Ol' Neil: Our hometown boy (Toronto, Ontario) cranks out some pretty good ridin' tunes that seems to fit a range of regions across North America.

"Oooo, oooo-oooo, shot 'er dead ... "

·
Registered
48 Posts
Last few days I’ve installed a Camel ADV windscreen brace, Ram phone holder, and Garmin Zumo XT. Got my Eastern Beaver power bank that needs to be installed, for now I’m just running on the battery (need a day or two off work, been there 7 days a week for the last month and a half, plus the truck is down so my AT is my only ride until that’s fixed). Also ordered a set of Outback Motortek pannier racks, and I’m going to order a set of Giant Loop Round the World panniers as they are 20% off right now, just trying to get the price match at Revzilla to get that customer cash so hopefully I’ll be doing that tomorrow.

I also put a Pinoock visor on my Aria XD4, quite happy with that. Was 35 degrees on my ride to work today and zero fogging, huge improvement! Just wish it was ready for that stock....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Last couple of days. Enduro pegs, very grippy and wider 😊. Heated grips, made today’s ride much more comfortable 😎. Quick shifter, works as advertised 😀. Center stand, very useful for service and more stable than I expected 😎. Top case/pannier mount, fit perfectly 😎. Taller windscreen, didn’t notice much difference. The shorter screen looks much better 😕.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fixed my cold start issue!!!
Cleaned out starter switch, contact had corrosion on it and felt pretty cheap and flimsy... all sorted now, contact cleaner and ACF50 and she started at 2degC at 4am this morning!

also fitted the short dark tint screen instead of the tall touring clear one...nice air coming through and a lot better view!

happy days

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,037 Posts
I thought the last BlockBuster standing was in Bend, Oregon. Wow, that is a surprise to see. Where was it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Put a new, shorter windscreen on for summer. I wanted to see if I would be cooler in the heat. Also, my oem screen was getting pretty abused by branches. I like it. Did a mix of riding yesterday. There's definitely more wind on me. At 5'10", the stock screen put the airstream right at the top of my helmet, new one is much lower.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I thought the last BlockBuster standing was in Bend, Oregon. Wow, that is a surprise to see. Where was it?
This one is in Owen Sound, Ontario.

Sadly, if it wasn't because of before, I just can't see this being around post-COVID-19.

= = =

Google mapping captured this image back in June 2018. Maybe it has been closed for awhile.

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts
A small group gathering on sat. Just a few of our group, yes my woodland girl is normally in a sea of knuckle dragging Harley’s but this time just a few..

·
Registered
31 Posts
A small group gathering on sat. Just a few of our group, yes my woodland girl is normally in a sea of knuckle dragging Harley’s but this time just a few.. View attachment 55012
Living life again. Congrats.

It may be slight autism or just bad nerves, but I cannot ride around loud Harleys. It’s too distracting and annoying. I don’t see how people can do it. I realize I’m the one who’s different.

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts
Living life again. Congrats.

It may be slight autism or just bad nerves, but I cannot ride around loud Harleys. It’s too distracting and annoying. I don’t see how people can do it. I realize I’m the one who’s different.
Yea a few of the guys run un baffled pipes, every once and a while they just have to kid me about not being able to hear bike run, which is funny cause I modded my stock can and took out my baffle so it’s not like it is quiet.
lol! That’s ok cause I tell them; they are jealous because my bike towers over their little Harley’s ....

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,037 Posts
Sara and I got out a couple of times this week for some "social distancing" picnic lunches. Tarryall Reservoir today. This has been one of our favorites because because they have some nice benches and facilities along the water.

Tuesday it was down by Woodland Park, we found a nice Forest Service area with a couple of tables.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I took a 40 mile ride this afternoon after Church, on the beautiful curvy rural roads of SW Missouri where I live. It was about 68 degrees with cloudy, threatening skies but I had to get out for a while. I bought this new bike a week ago Saturday and the first ride was 65 miles, 2nd was 20 miles and then the 40 today since it has rained almost every day since I bought it.

I enjoy my break-in rides at under 4,000 rpm and 50 to 55 mph maximum.

I hope the seat breaks in as it's not comfortable for more than 20 miles before I start to squirm around! All that money and a vinyl covered 2x8 is all ya get???

Sam:)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Sara and I got out a couple of times this week for some "social distancing" picnic lunches. Tarryall Reservoir today. This has been one of our favorites because because they have some nice benches and facilities along the water.

Tuesday it was down by Woodland Park, we found a nice Forest Service area with a couple of tables.

Really, really

·
Super Moderator
1,037 Posts
Got her cleaned up. It was getting to the point where I could no longer read the plate and the turn signals matched the dark gray paint.

341 - 360 of 394 Posts