Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

361 - 380 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sara and I got out a couple of times this week for some "social distancing" picnic lunches. Tarryall Reservoir today. This has been one of our favorites because because they have some nice benches and facilities along the water.

Tuesday it was down by Woodland Park, we found a nice Forest Service area with a couple of tables.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I have that same red colour and think it's beautiful in the flesh. This looks like a fantastic part of the world to ride. Lucky you!

·
Super Moderator
1,037 Posts
I have that same red colour and think it's beautiful in the flesh. This looks like a fantastic part of the world to ride. Lucky you!
The red is my wife's bike. She gets many compliments on compliments on the color!

Today we are having lunch at Twin Lakes in Chafee County. Weather is phenomenal.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Last couple of days. Enduro pegs, very grippy and wider 😊. Heated grips, made today’s ride much more comfortable 😎. Quick shifter, works as advertised 😀. Center stand, very useful for service and more stable than I expected 😎. Top case/pannier mount, fit perfectly 😎. Taller windscreen, didn’t notice much difference. The shorter screen looks much better 😕. View attachment 54899
... made me drool (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fitted centre stand to 2020 model, used the broom handle lever method behind the rear wheel to get the springs on really easy took 2 minutes to get both springs on.

·
Super Moderator
1,037 Posts
Just a minor mod, but I got tired of the big boots / little pedal combo and added the Touratech Rear Brake Extension.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not today, but last week, I sold mine. I bought it right before the pandemic at a very good price and sold it for $500 less without trying.

I’ll be back on the saddle when this is over. More leaning towards a KLX250 or CRF250 Rally. I found myself wanting more nimbleness in the city, more single-track orientation, and easier to maneuver across the board. I also wanted something easier (for me) to work on.

The AT is an awesome bike.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I refilled the Tutoro auto chain lubricator for the first time this year.

I extended my fused SAE battery cable to a 1-to-4 splitter under the seat. I don't need four SAE extensions, but I couldn't obtain 1-to-3 or a 1-to-2 cable. The extra connectors will support a SAE connector 12V tire pump, battery charger, and a number of USB chargers where I can just leave electronic devices to recharge under the seat, or in the top box, and so on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got the CamelADV high fender kit installed, went with Polisport SM Line front fender and Acerbis KTM 85SX fork guards. Great kit, all the parts included fit well and no issues there.

Since I have the Hepco & Becker bracing bow that interferes with the rear of the high fender, I had to modify the mounting holes on fender and space the fender forward and down to clear the bracing bow.

The fork guards are more a matte white than the gloss front fender but I suppose they match the refrigerator white frame well enough. Decals are OE Honda ATAS front fender decals trimmed to fender for a factory-ish look.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Since I didn't want to wait for the 1/2" height HDPE sheet I ordered, I used two of the (red) mounting plates that came with the Polisport fender stacked together (about 14mm height), trimmed and mounting holes drilled to fit the front two mounting options on the CamelADV mounting plate. I "seam welded" the two plastic mounting plates together by heating a screwdriver with a torch and melting them together along the edge, just enough to keep them together.

With the the spacer between the CamelADV plate and fender, I needed longer hardware and used 25mm flange bolts at the front and 30mm rear along with a melange of fender collar washers I had in my miscellaneous hardware.

The Polisport SM Line fender is a little narrow at the back so spaced out the brake line p-clamp mounts so the lines weren't pinched inwards for better routing along with button head screws for a lower profile inside the fender.

Plenty of clearance with the Hepco & Becker bracing bow lock to lock.

Really liking the look of this setup!

361 - 380 of 394 Posts