Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

401 - 420 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Here is a [currently] active link: I have never had a problem with these guys. However, being in China, not sure what the future holds for 'merican orders :rolleyes: ...

In any case - there are many variations of this package on this site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Share what you did today with the Africa Twin community!

Example: Met up with the Africa Twin group and went on a ride with the boys!

Example: Finally received the heated grips in the mail. I will be installing them tomorow, stay tuned for pictures.

Example: Took her out to play in the dirt for the first time...

Anything goes.... :grin2:
Bought new 2019 yesterday. Starting to accessorize. Focusing on comfort and safety first.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Bought new 2019 yesterday. Starting to accessorize. Focusing on comfort and safety first.
Very excellent Rtan! Congratulations on your '19 AT acquisition. And welcome to the Forum!

= = =

For starters, this post might be of interest:

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts
Well got sick of every time I wanted a pic, having to take off the gloves (usually) un zip the leather for assess to the inner pocket or dig around in a cargo pocket to find my phone and snap a pic or two. So after some looking (And reading) around, I went with the Quad Lock. Put it on today, found I really couldn’t mount it to my Camel brace because the top of the brace holds my GPS so it would of had to be put on the upright bars, but anywhere I mounted on those parts, the handlebars would smash the phone. So I ended up mounting it to my brush guard brace. Worked out pretty good. The phone is closer to me easier And quicker access to the phone. So we’ll see how it goes after a bit.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Great photo coverage of the gear AT-D.

Gee, would not wish to leave that beast alone in the city or in underground condo parking overnight. There is alotta fruit to harvest on that tree.

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts
LOL!
Great photo coverage of the gear AT-D.
View attachment 55384

Gee, would not wish to leave that beast alone in the city or in underground condo parking overnight. There is alotta fruit to harvest on that tree.
LOL
most of it locks on or is on PITA to get off..
Tho I just had a thought; I wonder just how many times I’m gonna leave my phone on the bike cause I’m so use to it being in my pocket. I do imagine that I won’t always use that mount either..

Reactions: Cuchulainn

·
Super Moderator
1,517 Posts
LOL!

LOL
most of it locks on or is on PITA to get off..
Tho I just had a thought; I wonder just how many times I’m gonna leave my phone on the bike cause I’m so use to it being in my pocket. I do imagine that I won’t always use that mount either..
Luckily I have only done that a couple, maybe 3 times. Twice I think when running into the gas station to pay, use the bathroom, grab a snack. Once at a restaurant. But never left it for long and knock on wood nobody has grabbed it (yet).

I have mine attached to the handle bars. It seems fine mounted there, however I keep breaking the disks and turning my Quad Lock into a Tri-lock. Quadlock has been good about sending me replacement disks, but maybe I should move it and see if the angle I am having to use it get it on and off is contributing to it breaking.

Edit: I also wish they would just sell a 3 pack of those disks so I could keep spares on hand. I have contacted them about it, but they don't seem interested. They just tell me "If it breaks we will replace it."

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts
Luckily I have only done that a couple, maybe 3 times. Twice I think when running into the gas station to pay, use the bathroom, grab a snack. Once at a restaurant. But never left it for long and knock on wood nobody has grabbed it (yet).

I have mine attached to the handle bars. It seems fine mounted there, however I keep breaking the disks and turning my Quad Lock into a Tri-lock. Quadlock has been good about sending me replacement disks, but maybe I should move it and see if the angle I am having to use it get it on and off is contributing to it breaking.

Edit: I also wish they would just sell a 3 pack of those disks so I could keep spares on hand. I have contacted them about it, but they don't seem interested. They just tell me "If it breaks we will replace it."

I got the case for mine
Not a bad case just plain..

·
Super Moderator
1,517 Posts
I got the case for mine
Not a bad case just plain..
Yeah, I got the case and the condom or rain coat or whatever they call it. Technically shouldn't need it since the phone is supposed to be Waterproof, but I did manage to get water into the lens of my previous iPhone X.

Edit: Poncho. That is the name for the Waterproof cover. I modified it slightly with an exacto knife to cut a whole in the bottom where the charging port so that there was just enough room to insert the power cable. Technically it could allow some water ingress, but it's not really a major concern at the bottom of the phone. With as little tolerance as there is, it would require a lot of pressure to get any in.

·
Super Moderator
1,517 Posts
The Camel ADV side stand was installed in the evening.

Like most others have said: The Camel side stand is rock solid. Mounting the AT using the rider's left foot peg feels much better.

View attachment 55685
Those Camel ADV sidestands are nice aren't they. My wife won one of them at that AT Rally last year and now I have sidestand envy.

She also won a set of those Techspec tank pads and I also want a set of those :)

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Those Camel ADV sidestands are nice aren't they. My wife won one of them at that AT Rally last year and now I have sidestand envy.

She also won a set of those Techspec tank pads and I also want a set of those :)
I ripped off the Techspec pads from my old CB1100 and cut what I could to make them useful and not too obnoxious looking. I am glad I did it. The knees lock in well.

·
Super Moderator
1,517 Posts
I ripped off the Techspec pads from my old CB1100 and cut what I could to make them useful and not too obnoxious looking. I am glad I did it. The knees lock in well.
They still stick well enough after removing them? I wondered how that adhesive would hold up. I was afraid to even try to reposition them so was super careful in lining up placement first

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
They still stick well enough after removing them? I wondered how that adhesive would hold up. I was afraid to even try to reposition them so was super careful in lining up placement first
Techspec allows for multiple removal/realignments before the goo starts to become substandard.

My Techspec pads were on the CB1100 for about two years with lots of sunlight exposure in parking lots. The rubber and adhesive compound were very sound. Techspec uses modern and stellar materials. It is worth the premium over the import knock-offs.

It was firmly attached to the gas tank, but did come off sanely with zero paint damage (just pull firmly, slowly). I placed the pads into a freezer-sized zip lock bag so the adhesive compound would not deteriorate being exposed directly to air and dust. I stored them in a dark place (no UV light). When I was ready, I removed them from the bags and used a box cutter to trim them for use on the AT.

One more thing:

To be extra anal, before and after the pads were affixed to the AT, I gave each surface a few minute dose of hair dryer heat. I probably didn't need to do this step if had I reinstalled in warm summer weather.

·
Super Moderator
1,517 Posts
Techspec allows for multiple removal/realignments before the goo starts to become substandard.

My Techspec pads were on the CB1100 for about two years with lots of sunlight exposure in parking lots. The rubber and adhesive compound were very sound. Techspec uses modern and stellar materials. It is worth the premium over the import knock-offs.

It was firmly attached to the gas tank, but did come off sanely with zero paint damage (just pull firmly, slowly). I placed the pads into a freezer-sized zip lock bag so the adhesive compound would not deteriorate being exposed directly to air and dust. I stored them in a dark place (no UV light). When I was ready, I removed them from the bags and used a box cutter to trim them for use on the AT.

One more thing:

To be extra anal, before and after the pads were affixed to the AT, I gave each surface a few minute dose of hair dryer heat. I probably didn't need to do this step if had I reinstalled in warm summer weather.
That's good info. When I put hers on I did use a heat gun to help ensure they molded to the contours the way I wanted them too and they do seem to be adhering well.

But I will definitely keep in mind the removal and storage should she decided to trade in on newer model down the road. They seem really solid and look good on her bike.

401 - 420 of 463 Posts