Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

421 - 440 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
So I installed Vstream windshield. Looks great! Seems to have way better coverage. True test tomorrow. I will report how it does. At this point, it looks really good!

·
Registered
48 Posts
How do like the performance of it? I'm 6' and my homemade fork tunnel cover has helped. Definitely around top sides now. That's bobbling helmet.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
How do like the performance of it? I'm 6' and my homemade fork tunnel cover has helped. Definitely around top sides now. That's bobbling helmet.
6' 1.5" here, so no much more. Is your screen the N20058?

I put the N20058 on a Batzen slider that provides maybe an additional 1" + 3" rise (maximum). With that, I set my N20058 about 2" higher than yours and with the fork tunnel and a 3/4 face Arai helmet, freeway riding has been excellent. No sore neck, no fatigued brain (I still wear earplugs on the freeway). If I tuck an inch, then I am in a sweet bubble where I only hear the lump. No more bug carnage collecting in my crotch, and yet I still manage enough through-airflow to keep meez kool in da chest.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Trying to figure out the whole bug carnage in the crotch thing. :)
Yeah, it is weird, and it might just be with me. However, in all my riding life, only with the AT and the OEM screen did this happen all the time. I suspect some strange vortex funneled bugs and/or carnage of bugs to the seat between my legs. So when I dismounted the seat was full of goo, wings, and the partially living. If I was unlucky, I would have ground some of them into "mud" into my saddle. It was becoming a nuisance. That stopped with the V-Stream.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Installed the Altrider high fender kit this weekend. Bought it a while ago off of an AT Facebook group for 1/2 price from an owner who never installed it and then sold his bike. Also was able to pick up this new Givi windscreen for only $50! New in box on Facebook Marketplace. Pointed out by a local ADV riding FB forum member. Works great! Super great deal. Did this all Friday evening / Saturday AM and then went for a 200 mile dirt ride. Awesome weekend!
IMG_4961.jpeg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fitted a Givi higher or at least better screen. Made the common mistake of pushing a well nut into the fairing so have had to order some more of those now 😁

·
Registered
222 Posts
The Camel ADV side stand was installed in the evening.

Like most others have said: The Camel side stand is rock solid. Mounting the AT using the rider's left foot peg feels much better.

View attachment 55685
What is the weight difference between the two? Any idea?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Willy was out looking for fishing spots yesterday...he and Ol' Red were spotted in the Doris Leeper Spruce Creek Preserve.

Can Moccasin fangs get through riding boots? Willy's fairly confident they can't. Gators are a different problem entirely. Speed is life in that situation!

Reactions: AT-Dragon

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
What is the weight difference between the two? Any idea?
Technically speaking? I did not measure.

Otherwise speaking? The Camel "felt" heavier, but really not by much - and I would argue insignificantly so. Maybe the difference of a Snickers bar-ish? (Oh-Henry?)

It does functionally feel firm and confident when mounting the AT using the left rider's foot peg.

Bonus: I no longer need to fiddle with side stand plates/footpads when used on hot asphalt parking lots.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
How high up the leg would the snakes attempt an attack?
Ankle height to mid-calf I would guess. They're not awfully big snakes - short, fat & ugly, with an attitude to match. This assumes you're not reaching down to pet them! :)

We give 'em a wide berth here. Don't go around needlessly killing 'em though. They're amazing animals!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Ankle height to mid-calf I would guess. They're not awfully big snakes - short, fat & ugly, with an attitude to match. This assumes you're not reaching down to pet them! :)

View attachment 55781

View attachment 55782

We give 'em a wide berth here. Never kill 'em though. They're an amazing species!
Hmm, a real road snake.

What a life slithering around on the scratchy gravel.

Nice image though.

421 - 440 of 463 Posts