Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
441 - 460 of 3,566 Posts
Hmm, a real road snake.

What a life slithering around on the scratchy gravel.

Nice image though.
They spend most of their life in fresh water. You need to be careful wading around near shore when these guys are in the area. They are very good swimmers. It is rare to see one out of water in the woods. They do come up around our houses sometimes in the fall to look for a place to hibernate through the winter. They are ubiquitous here in eastern FL though you will rarely encounter one.

You can also live off of them if you can find them. We ate a couple in survival school. Not bad at all...there are far worse tasting critters out there.

I added another RAM mount to the handlebar.

This time a 1" RAM ball is affixed to the base of the left mirror thread mount. From there, a 5" extension to 1" RAM ball camera 1/4" screw mount. The camera mount is attached to a lockable turntable, and on the turntable is a GoPro camera adapter which the action cam sits. This arrangement provides a lot of flexibility when riding and is not cumbersome and it is very quickly removed when leaving the bike.

I need to take a snap of the assembly. I forgot, but will eventually.

= = =

In the meantime, here are some while off the bike ...

I was going to ask if there was any way to tighten the mirror heads, my right mirror falls down after a bit of off road.
BUT....
Little Miss Narcoleptic fell asleep mid trail and broke her left mirror.
SO....
Double take mirrors will be ordered tomorrow.

Here are some pics of the "dash cam" mounted in some quick example orientations:

The real convenience comes in the turntable. I just turn the camera toward the subject of interest. It does not turn on its own due to any vibration due to its slight ratcheting mechanism and available lock position.

I added a few SAE connectors under the seat. The main intent is to provide a battery charging point, as well as access to connect a SAE connected 12V tire pump.

Today I added a switched USB port so I can charge other portable devices under the seat. Right now it just floats around under the seat. I currently have no plans to mount it anywhere. So far it does not move or rattle around.

Packed the Tool Box. It's not big enough. I found some space under the back seat to pack a driver with interchangeable bits. Wrapped them all up in an old chamois cloth to keep them from rattling / Dry. I don't know why I packed that red slotted screwdriver. It is going to be the first tool that I throw if I ever get back into this box out in the field. I don't own any JIS bits....SAD.

Attachments

441 - 460 of 3,566 Posts