Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
461 - 480 of 3,566 Posts
I fitted a Givi Airflow to my ATAS yesterday togheter with a SWEGOTECH Forkshield deflector.

Not sure what did the trick, but the helmet buffeting is completely gone and riding the ATAS at higher speed is so much smoother.

To bad the Airflow looks really ugly, but it's worth it.
Exactly ordered the same on the second day i bought the bike. Forkshield's brand is different but i guess it's the same principle. Waiting on my delivery.

Installed the Camel ADV Bridged Riser on my ‘19 ATAS. Did it more for the rigidity it affords to withstand a mild napping incident without having to straighten out the bars and mess with the riser bolts under the fairing.

Edit: I almost forgot....a big thanks to Cory over at Camel ADV, the riser arrived quickly and installed without a hitch. It's appears to be of excellent quality, the fit and finish were spot on. Cory's customer service is outstanding, answered all my emails and questions promptly. I will definitely be ordering more from him in the future.

Huh, look what arrived today ...

These just happen to fit the Altrider lower crash bar assembly, on the AT no less. How'a 'bout that?

I wonder if this helps me get closer to that "SaddleSore 1000" Iron Butt motive? Probably not.

Gee, these would be the first pieces of chrome on the AT.

I'm holding out for some I like in black. Get on with the iron butt!
The pegs were available in black too. :) But I know I will do a number on the black surface with my boots. :( At least the chrome will eventually have the appearance of aluminum and eventually match the grey bits on my AT. :)

Where did u get them at?
Surprisingly, the shipment took only two weeks. Here is my link, however, take careful note of mounting diameter. My link offers 1.25" and 1.5". You may need to dig around if you require other diameters. The manufacture and finish quality for the chrome option is solid.

So as you already know I acquired some highway pegs for the AT. Yep. The last time I did something like this was on a 1100 Virago and it felt great. So what the heck?

I do alotta freeway. Riding the AT on highways and freeways feels good. The AT feels better on highways, and of course even better on rural roads. The AT has a good standard position. The rider can also stretch the legs by standing, and standing for a long time. That feels good, ... geeky on the roads, but good. But on long freeway runs the rider will labour to stand, and arguably it is not safe.

So I plunked these on and I will say I like them much better than expected. Now I can ride like a HD d-bag, but higher up. In fact, I found it so comfortable that I also rode around town like a HD d-bag, but without the obnoxious exhaust noise. I can even rest my legs on top of the pegs like a HD d-bag (instead of using the sole of the boots).

I got maybe too comfortable that sometimes I didn't want to put my feet down at stops. Surprisingly, I found balance as good or better while "not moving" and feet up during urban stop 'n' go traffic. It felt unexpectedly good for me. So far I think it is a score.

Looks good. Are they easy to put out while riding?
Thanks @CRracer712. They are easier to tuck in than to push out, but that might just be me getting used to the stiff spring washer that they supply. In any case, I use my boot heel to extend them while on-the-move. I like that fact that the hinge is firm, but smooth.

A few other notes:
  • The clamp bolts are stainless steel Allen key.
  • The hinge bolt appears to be nickel plated steel.
  • I put a drop of thread lock on each clamp bolt (probably not needed).
  • These particular pegs are (I think double) rubber isolated between within the peg sleeves.
  • So far in my implementation the pegs have not "rotated". So no shim material was required.

Looks comfy, now you can kick back and doze off for a nap, we’ll if you have a throttle lock.
Got some for mine, haven’t put them on yet, but it will be nice to be able to relax and nap, hmmm maybe I shouldn’t it probably will set a bad example for the AT and she‘ll definitely wanna nap with me too, if I stretch out for one. We all know just how sleepy these bikes can get, better not provoke her...

Reactions: TwinWrangler
AT-Dragon said:
Looks comfy, now you can kick back and doze off for a nap, we’ll if you have a throttle lock.
Got some for mine, haven’t put them on yet, but it will be nice to be able to relax and nap, hmmm maybe I shouldn’t it probably will set a bad example for the AT and she‘ll definitely wanna nap with me too, if I stretch out for one. We all know just how sleepy these bikes can get, better not provoke her...

461 - 480 of 3,566 Posts