Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

481 - 492 of 492 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I added the Honda 12V accessory socket today. It was a whole bunch of fun.

Image of installed socket as turning point to re-assembly joy ...
View attachment 56433
Double Thumper,
I have the same job to do, got the socket in from Rugged Roads UK arrived last week, need to figure out panel removal, and get it done, Is there any good vids on the panel removal you found, or any tips you care to share.?

Cheers W

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Double Thumper,
I have the same job to do, got the socket in from Rugged Roads UK arrived last week, need to figure out panel removal, and get it done, Is there any good vids on the panel removal you found, or any tips you care to share.?

Cheers W
There are, but I ultimately just ended up using the PDF file that is available with my part:

The Honda instructions were straight forward.

In terms of videos to watch, this one might be useful:

A personal suggestion:

As much as the online videos recommend, they can't emphasize strong enough: Be gentle pulling off the side fairings. The plastic nubbies on the backside are soft and crack/break very easily.

I don't ever recall motorcycle side covers being so frail in this regard. I can't help thinking that they are made these days as a source of replacement revenue for [Honda].

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the Info and heads up Double Thumper,
I have worked on an owned a lot of bikes, but everyone is different when it comes to pulling panels ect, currently looking to see if there is anything else I really need to fit/do under the panels and source stuff before getting into that job...
SW Motech centre stand due in 2 weeks, are you happy with yours.?
Looking at options for a rear bag/top case, something to put day ride stuff in, and got a few other bits arrived I need to fit up... Cheers W

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Thanks for the Info and heads up Double Thumper,
I have worked on an owned a lot of bikes, but everyone is different when it comes to pulling panels ect, currently looking to see if there is anything else I really need to fit/do under the panels and source stuff before getting into that job...
SW Motech centre stand due in 2 weeks, are you happy with yours.?
Looking at options for a rear bag/top case, something to put day ride stuff in, and got a few other bits arrived I need to fit up... Cheers W
I am very happy with my SW Motech center stand - since Day 0. I use it all the time and it is possibly the best I have ever used - maybe tied with the NC750X center stand.

I use a generic ugly plastic "egg-style" 50L+ top box, reliable for everyday use. For extended trips, I tie down a roll-up waterproof duffel bag on the passenger seat. No panniers to trip over.

Have fun, and take care.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did 300 miles round trip into the concrete jungle to the pacific coast highway. Cruised through Los Angeles and observed some of the damage from the protests/riots. I Was treated very poorly by the locals on the freeway while lane splitting. People trying to cut me off and what not. But thanks to my off road background I can thread a bike through the eye of a needle with no sweat lol the bark busters hit 3 mirrors but that's on them. The Africa twin handles the concrete jungle like a dream and i felt like I was riding on my own island amidst the chaos of Los Angeles. We made it back hime safe and sound, back to fresh air and happy trails. LA isn't too far away but it's like being on another planet. My next journey to the coast will be in a northern trajectory.

481 - 492 of 492 Posts