Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

501 - 520 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
So going on 1500mile trip. Mostly camp off bikes. I'm an "inexpensive" *******. So wanted the Tusk saddle bag racks. Unavailable... Which means gone cause 2020s are hear. Got SWMOTECH. Pretty please. Way stronger. And more svelt... Who wants a big dress on a BFP!? Common sense with their instructions work well!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also fiddled with suspension. Went 6 clicks up on rear shock preload and 3 turns on front. Soo much better. Need a we bit more on front. But man, it is so much better!

·
Super Moderator
3,479 Posts
About a 1500 km excursion to rural Ottawa, Ontario.

Somewhere between here and there, as well as between some incredibly large thunder-cell activity in the Toronto (capital on Ontario province) area and Ottawa (capital of Canada) area. Managed to dance around the dark cells and got rained on only once for about a minute. Ottawa had tornado warnings.

·
Registered
28 Posts
DT, Was thinking you been quite lol...
How long you go away for.?
Is that screen the national V stream job.? A couple more pics of your awesome Beast would be nice :)

·
Super Moderator
3,479 Posts
DT, Was thinking you been quite lol...
How long you go away for.?
Is that screen the national V stream job.? A couple more pics of your awesome Beast would be nice :)
Disappeared just for the weekend; popped up to the nation's capital before the snow comes.

Yes, the V-Stream N20058

More:

·
Registered
28 Posts
DT,
Thanks for that, and the link to your list of add ons, always good to compare ideas and get a current users experiences...
Im in fitting up add ons mode at the moment, shall post more shortly on that...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got my OM center stand installed today. Had to dremel some powder coating from the inside of the stand round part that goes over the round tab on the frame for it to go over. Man that big spring is a MF. I have a decent spring puller and still struggled. I don't think I would get the spring over if I follow the instructions. They mentioned using a long nose pliers, I don't think so...
Other than that it is working great.

·
Administrator
1,893 Posts
Got my OM center stand installed today. Had to dremel some powder coating from the inside of the stand round part that goes over the round tab on the frame for it to go over. Man that big spring is a MF. I have a decent spring puller and still struggled. I don't think I would get the spring over if I follow the instructions. They mentioned using a long nose pliers, I don't think so...
Other than that it is working great. View attachment 56987
I agree about the spring on the OM. I have a heavy duty spring puller and still had to work it along with a a large screwdriver as a lever to get it over. It's not going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
I read a great post somewhere on this forum, where a guy used a bit or rope tied between the spring and a broom handle.
He then put one end of the broom handle against the rear tire, and the other end against his foot.
Used the broom like a lever to stretch the spring, and used his hands to guide the spring in place.
Thought that was genius.

How much does the center stand assembly weigh?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I read a great post somewhere on this forum, where a guy used a bit or rope tied between the spring and a broom handle.
He then put one end of the broom handle against the rear tire, and the other end against his foot.
Used the broom like a lever to stretch the spring, and used his hands to guide the spring in place.
Thought that was genius.

How much does the center stand assembly weigh?
I think someone said around 14 pounds. Considering the curb weight of the ATAS the average rider is not likely to notice if the centre stand is there or not weight wise.

·
Registered
99 Posts
14 lbs, hmmm.
sounds like I'd have to get a complete titanium exhaust system and foot pegs to counter the weight... ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,112 Posts
Other than that it is working great. View attachment 56987
If you ever have to take it off and put it back on. A broom handle through the spikes of the rear wheel attach a piece of coat hanger to the broom handle long enough to reach the spring and with a sharp hook on the end of the metal coat hanger, pry back on it and use sone pliers to move it to grab the spring holder, simple easy and quick...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Installed the Camel ADV Bridged Riser on my ‘19 ATAS. Did it more for the rigidity it affords to withstand a mild napping incident without having to straighten out the bars and mess with the riser bolts under the fairing.

Edit: I almost forgot....a big thanks to Cory over at Camel ADV, the riser arrived quickly and installed without a hitch. It's appears to be of excellent quality, the fit and finish were spot on. Cory's customer service is outstanding, answered all my emails and questions promptly. I will definitely be ordering more from him in the future.
I did the risers too and am loving them!

501 - 520 of 554 Posts