Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

521 - 540 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice to know you can fit it in there, chain looks a bit tight though.

What's the rpm at 70-80? Was going to do a 44T but maybe just do chain and sprockets.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's only cause it's off the ground in pic. Have about an inch up/down of play. Of course it's adjusted forward of factory marks so set with calipers. Haven't ridden it yet. But will hopefully see tomorrow!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Maybe what? In my 1600miles I've had to adjust the chain for stretch twice. I put adjusters all the way in and installed wheel without much effort. Tightened chain a little about 5/16 off of fully closed. I could loosen the chain if that make You feel better... Pretty sure I'm good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been trying to figure out a good way to mount a rotopax under my pannier rack, but I gave up for now and reinstalled it all. It's going to take some cutting and welding, and I don't think I can get it done before I start a 12 day ride on tuesday.

Below is what I'm shooting for. I think i'll need to shift the left rack 2-3 inches further from the bike (below is an extra 1.5" and it still doesn't clear the swingarm). Also have to make a rear cross-brace with right angles instead of that 45.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Share what you did today with the Africa Twin community!

Example: Met up with the Africa Twin group and went on a ride with the boys!

Example: Finally received the heated grips in the mail. I will be installing them tomorow, stay tuned for pictures.

Example: Took her out to play in the dirt for the first time...

Anything goes.... :grin2:
Took some photos of it then sold it to the trade, got fed up with watching it rust and conking out, The wheels started rusting first then the spokes and mr honda decided he wouldnt do anything about it as he didnt feel the need anymore, the nuts and bolts all started to look iffy no matter how good i cleaned it,the digital screen was pathetic and kept misting up, it would conk out for no reason,and this was from new and they couldnt fix it, the power delivery was awful and came in waves so all in all not a great experience.

·
Super Moderator
3,479 Posts
Took some photos of it then sold it to the trade, got fed up with watching it rust and conking out, The wheels started rusting first then the spokes and mr honda decided he wouldnt do anything about it as he didnt feel the need anymore, the nuts and bolts all started to look iffy no matter how good i cleaned it,the digital screen was pathetic and kept misting up, it would conk out for no reason,and this was from new and they couldnt fix it, the power delivery was awful and came in waves so all in all not a great experience.
You don't need [more] misery. May your next bus provide a more pleasurable experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Crashed on a BLM road south of Escalante, UT and reattached my windshield with zip-ties.

'Desert Doctor' in Escalante hooked me up with a new clutch tension bolt to replace the bent one.

521 - 540 of 554 Posts