Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

701 - 720 of 793 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Africa Twin DCT
3 Posts
Dropped a bunch money on Parts and Accessories...
  • AltRider Crash Bar System
  • AltRider Skid Plate Silver
  • Eastern Beaver PC8 Battery Connect Complete Kit
  • Garmin Zumo XT 5.5
  • Honda 12V Accessory Socket
  • ROX Speed Barback Risers
  • Swegotech Forkshield

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
187 Posts
Took it to the dealer for the fuel tank warranty work and the first oil change.

·
Registered
2017 DCT
38 Posts
Spent hours on it today, but here is the work from the last 48 hours.

1. Finished up the front forks and rear spring with HyperPro's and mounted them.
2. Mounted a Heidenau on the rear
3. Refinished the Engine Guards with Bed Liner.
4. Mounted a Givi Screen

·
Registered
55 Posts
So far have installed: sidestand foot, GPS and wired, fork shield, tail bag with cargo net and tie down points , driving lights with switch, bar risers, louder horn, and some spider emblem covers over the Honda emblems. Waiting on more stuff.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Heard some horror stories about corrosion on the previous generation, so thought i would start on the right foot and ACF 50 the bike from brand new. Mate had a job lot and a paint compressor bought just for ACF on his bike, so we used the sprayer and got it into all the nooks and crannies (after covering discs and tyres) Have a litre and a small hand bottle to top up now when i wash it. Hope that will keep it looking nice.

·
Registered
2018 AT Manual Clutch
47 Posts
If riding it counts I did 31 miles on gravel roads today. The Shinko 804/805's at 36 psi handled the gravel waaay better than my old tires (Heidenau). first ride since deer accident and this 2018 throttle feels a bit better than my 2016's cable. Bike feels essentially the same and sounds great!!

·
Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
152 Posts

Upgraded the milk crate to the EMGO top case. The verdict is still out though. I like that it is light, waterproof and cheap. I was originally looking at larger pelican type case for up there but I didn't like the weight of the cases. The sizes I was looking at started at around 10lbs... a lot of extra weight to have sitting there before I put anything in it.

I opted for not using the base plate that came with it for weight savings and ensuring that the box wouldn't pop off mid whoops. For those familiar KLR's you will understand my fear of adding extra weight to the sub-frame. Not really an issue if you check the bolts every once in a while but still. Less weight hanging off the frame outside of the original dimensions of the bike the better.

I made a large one piece washer or plate with some steel I hade laying around. Traced out a cradboard template of the holes on the OEM rack and planned to have the bolts come through tight to the corners. I even snuck the front corners under the OEM racks welded support brackets. I treated the plate to some primer and truck bed liner to give it a bit of rust proofing and extra grip.

I sandwiched the box, OEM rack and plate together with some SS M6 bolts, washers, nuts and one of the brackets that came with the box. Yes I know the bracket should be flipped, but I didn't want the rails of the bracket to create high pressure points on the plastic of the box. This will be covered with a scap piece of carpet tile (doubles as a side stand plate when in need).

Ride safe!!

Matt

·
Super Moderator
5,598 Posts
Solid Matt. That ain't coming off naturally.

The only way anything is walkin' away on its own is by maybe tapping out the hinge pins.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered side stand enlarger , front mud guard extends and rear brake enlarger , sorry for daft question but you can you fit a centre stand to the DCT1100 ? anyone know part number if you can ..

·
Registered
55 Posts
I rode and camped on mine :)

Great video. Looks like you guys had a heck of a time. Looking forward to be doing the same in a couple of weeks in the Texas Hill Country.

Reactions: Misterk

·
Registered
558 Posts
Took a risk and bought the 16-19 SW-Motech center stand skid plate extension. Wasn't a perfect fit (small gap on right side upper bolt, torqued down to close the gap) on the 1100 SW Stand, but worked out well regardless. At the very least it will keep the suspension linkage a bit cleaner off road.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Installed Camel ADV brace, Motopump mount and Garmin Zumo XT. I was pleasantly surprised that the Camel ADV brace was not as big and bulky as it appears in the pictures I've seen, and it is very lightweight. Great piece of kit and the Zumo is big and bright. Looking forward to using it in a North GA 6 day backcountry ride next week.

·
Registered
CRF1000L | CB1000R
250 Posts
Looked at it and rifled through one of the E-12 bags just before I pushed the CB out for a ride. :p

701 - 720 of 793 Posts