Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

741 - 760 of 793 Posts

·
Registered
Africa Twin DCT 2020
17 Posts
Took the AT for the first longer ride (300 km). Some highway and some smaller roads.

:love::love::love::love::love:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I hear they're good dipped in chocolate

Reactions: ride365 and JDS

·
Registered
2019 Honda Africa Twin DCT
52 Posts
So, why did you wash it? I would’ve waited until it was dirty 😆
I thought I was having brake problems. I washed the bike so I can troubleshoot. My rear brake pedal likes to pulsate even though the brakes are working perfectly. Honda test rode my bike and felt the pulsing in the rear brake pedal. They said the brakes are working fine and it could be the ABS system doing its job. When I turn rear ABS off, the pulsating goes down quite a bit.

Now I have to get my bike filthy again!

·
Registered
162 Posts
FINALLY got my AT out today for the first ride of the season, now the snow has gone !!!!

I hauled her out of the shop before lunch after checking tire pressures etc. Then I left one of my security team to keep an eye on her while I had lunch. I then went for a 2 hour ride. It was great to be back out after over 5 months without a ride.

·
Registered
2020 ATAS ES DCT and a few more
308 Posts
Took my 2020 ATAS to Madstad so they can can use a donor bike to make a windscreen for the 2020-2021 Adventure Sports. Hopefully in about 10 days or so I'll have a new windscreen to test out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I missed my chance to ride on a nice day today. I did manage to get the gas tank back together. I installed the radiator grills and fitted some window screen between the grill and the radiator. My pet peeve is bugs in the radiator. I had a half hours more work to do - install the battery, mess with locking in the seat after 5 months, and getting some gas and I would have been ROLLing and I wimped out. Dam it.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Received a new K-Tech rear spring update (100 n) for my 2019 ATAS:

Was able to remove the rear shock without removing the tire by lifting the swingarm up to max height and wiggling the shock out. The jack I used didn't quite go high enough, so I needed help from my copilot but it came out without too much issue once I had help:

Will hopefully be able to drop it off tomorrow for a swap, and have it reinstalled for testing by the weekend!

·
Registered
2019 Honda Africa Twin DCT
52 Posts
I installed my AltRider Dual Control rear brake pedal for my 19 DCT. I had a hard time finding the rear brake when I wore my dirt bike boots. This gadget makes it way easier for me to push the rear brake with my foot. I had to lower my brake down quite a bit so I can stand and press it. I also have a set of tank pads showing up today as well. I don't like my knees sliding all over my tank when standing.

741 - 760 of 793 Posts