Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

761 - 780 of 834 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
I installed my AltRider Dual Control rear brake pedal for my 19 DCT. I had a hard time finding the rear brake when I wore my dirt bike boots. This gadget makes it way easier for me to push the rear brake with my foot. I had to lower my brake down quite a bit so I can stand and press it. I also have a set of tank pads showing up today as well. I don't like my knees sliding all over my tank when standing.

View attachment 61955
I have one on a cart at the moment. Does it really improve feel enough in heavy boots?

·
Administrator
3,002 Posts
I have one on a cart at the moment. Does it really improve feel enough in heavy boots?
I have heard mixed reviews on these from guys at the KTM Adventure Rider Rallies. After talking to one guy who duct-taped a rock to the low side of it bring it even until he could get back home and replace it. I am hesitant to try one.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Africa Twin DCT
84 Posts
I've noticed a difference. I can find the pedal way easier. When I reach my foot inward, I can touch the taller side of the dual control. When I'm on the street or gravel, I can use the flat side. It works really good with dirt bike boots.

·
Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
177 Posts
I have heard mixed reviews on these from guys at the KTM Adventure Rider Rallies. After talking to one guy who duct-taped a rock to the low side of it bring it even until he could get back home and replace it. I am hesitant to try one.
That guy needs to rethink his tool kit :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: he has duct tape but he doesn't have an Allen key?!?! I am just kidding, I had thought about getting one before, I am pretty sure the GSA's come with one that flips up out of the way... I could be wrong. In the end my cheapness has kept me from buying one.

·
Administrator
3,002 Posts
That guy needs to rethink his tool kit :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: he has duct tape but he doesn't have an Allen key?!?! I am just kidding, I had thought about getting one before, I am pretty sure the GSA's come with one that flips up out of the way... I could be wrong. In the end my cheapness has kept me from buying one.
Hah maybe? I didn't even see the pedal mechanism itself because it was all covered with duct tape. I asked him what he did to the pedal and he explained that he and his buddy were riding the TAT from Michigan to Colorado for the rally and he discovered along the way that he couldn't stand it. So he found a couple of flat rocks and duct-taped them to the pedal.It was for a KTM 1190 R. I am not sure if it is removable on those and if so why he didn't :)

But folks got talking at dinner about his trip over to Colorado on the TAT and their adventures and misadventures on the way including the pedal. And, as I said there was a mixed reaction about them.

Some folks loved them while others didn't. Kind of a mixed bag for the money so I never really looked into them further. My wife and I put those Touratech Brake Pedal Extensions on our bikes. They aren't dual control like the Alt-Rider, but they are about half the price and added a lot more surface area.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hah maybe? I didn't even see the pedal mechanism itself because it was all covered with duct tape. I asked him what he did to the pedal and he explained that he and his buddy were riding the TAT from Michigan to Colorado for the rally and he discovered along the way that he couldn't stand it. So he found a couple of flat rocks and duct-taped them to the pedal.It was for a KTM 1190 R. I am not sure if it is removable on those and if so why he didn't :)

But folks got talking at dinner about his trip over to Colorado on the TAT and their adventures and misadventures on the way including the pedal. And, as I said there was a mixed reaction about them.

Some folks loved them while others didn't. Kind of a mixed bag for the money so I never really looked into them further. My wife and I put those Touratech Brake Pedal Extensions on our bikes. They aren't dual control like the Alt-Rider, but they are about half the price and added a lot more surface area.

View attachment 62005
I looked into the SW unit as well, but lead time to me is around 20 weeks for the 1100 version.

Edit: just purchased the Touratech unit

·
Registered
30 Posts
Received a new K-Tech rear spring update (100 n) for my 2019 ATAS:

View attachment 61940

Was able to remove the rear shock without removing the tire by lifting the swingarm up to max height and wiggling the shock out. The jack I used didn't quite go high enough, so I needed help from my copilot but it came out without too much issue once I had help:

View attachment 61941 View attachment 61942

Will hopefully be able to drop it off tomorrow for a swap, and have it reinstalled for testing by the weekend!

Update: Suspension installed! Took it for a quick spin around the block and wow, does it feel different... I now have a reference for what it means when people say their bike feels "planted".

Haven't touched the damping yet but going for a shakedown cruise tomorrow to see how it feels.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Honda knuckle guard extensions fitted today. I know these are cosmetic, but I only ride on the road so don't really see a need for something more heavy duty. They do complete the look of the bike and stop it looking unfinished.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Africa Twin DCT
84 Posts
Not exactly a AT upgrade but I picked up a set of Alpinestars Tech 10 boots for my rides. I work on skills at a local ATV park and eventually plan to ride singletrack with my AT. I really love these boots! Very comfortable once they broke in. It's overkill but I don't like to skimp on protection especially when I'm slowly becoming rowdy on my AT.

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very cool. Lockable AND waterproof?
The Mosko Moto Pinner comes with a waterproof rubber thing that I'm not using at the moment... The Pinner is designed to strap to other Mosko gear on the outside of the bike and be waterproof, but the Givi S250 itself has a rubber seal and I'd trust it against rain, but probably not if the bike were submerged.
As you can see in the photo, the rubber seal is already starting to pickup some dirt just through being ridden, so I think water could leak through, if I were to dump in a river or something.

(I've never ridden into a river nor do I plan to, but some of the videos on here expand my awareness of where this bike can go)

·
Registered
13 Posts
With lockdown restrictions lifting in the UK its been great having a chance to get out on the AT a bit more.

Here's what today looked like:

A little excursion down a local lane found me wishing I'd taken the line around the deeper than expected mud.

Then drying her off in the sunshine. Plenty of water dripping out the right hand mirror. Amazed how it didnt get smashed.

Quick once over revealed no damage done to the bike. Heed crash bars and barkbusters again proving their worth.

Finally a coffee and sausage roll next to the river whilst reading Steph Jeavons book- Home by 7. (thoroughly recommend!).

Top day on the twin.

·
Registered
48 Posts
With lockdown restrictions lifting in the UK its been great having a chance to get out on the AT a bit more.

Here's what today looked like:

A little excursion down a local lane found me wishing I'd taken the line around the deeper than expected mud.

View attachment 62280

Then drying her off in the sunshine. Plenty of water dripping out the right hand mirror. Amazed how it didnt get smashed.

View attachment 62281

Quick once over revealed no damage done to the bike. Heed crash bars and barkbusters again proving their worth.

View attachment 62282

Finally a coffee and sausage roll next to the river whilst reading Steph Jeavons book- Home by 7. (thoroughly recommend!).

View attachment 62283

Top day on the twin.
Did the front wheel slide out from under you ?

761 - 780 of 834 Posts