Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

781 - 800 of 834 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
get the suspension for my new 1100 ( the 2nd )

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
496 Posts
get the suspension for my new 1100 ( the 2nd )
Oh yes, Swedish Gold! These mods take the bike to a different level. Enjoy your upgrade Ghostrider.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
496 Posts
We are experiencing some serious locust swarms here. After my ride yesterday I had to wash my AT so the locust soup doesn't become part of the bike's paintwork eventually.
So what did your helmet look like?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Oh yes, Swedish Gold! These mods take the bike to a different level. Enjoy your upgrade Ghostrider.

thinking to go with 17inch front and rear this time

·
Registered
2019 Honda Africa Twin DCT
83 Posts
I installed my Barkbusters VPS hand guards the other day. I'm waiting on my local Honda dealer to receive my replacement parking brake handle so I can swap out my bent one. In about 6-8 weeks, I should have my Fasst Co 15 degree sweep adventure handlebar which will be really nice to have on my rides. I ended up ordering the Fasst Co hand guards and anti-vibration inserts so my Barkbusters will be short-lived.

I wish I found out about the Fasst Co bars/hand guards before I ordered my Barkbusters. I found them days after I placed my order! I don't plan on returning my Barkbusters because I don't want to deal with bent brake handles over the next 6-8 weeks in case I drop/crash again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Installed the Garmin Zumo XT which finally arrived after more than 5 weeks. Hooked it up with an old Garmin car charger. Works flawlessly - did not run the provided power cable.
Also installed a pair of headlight covers and a Go Cruise throttle lock. Really happy with all three items. And put on another 420 miles on it this weekend. Had to make sure the GPS works :):LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Kiyoti

·
Registered
83 Posts
My Sargent front seat showed up today! I got it while it was on discount. Sargent is offering a discount on virtually all of their seats right now. If you are looking for a Sargent seat, use code ROLL2021. I don't know how long this deal is running but I saved about $60 on my front seat. I picked up the low position. At 5'11" tall, I am pretty close to flat footing my bike when at a stop. Seat is comfortable when you sit further back.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I drove my 2018 AT to the backyard, parked it on the soft grass and gently lowered it to the ground to simulate a downed twin. I then practiced lifting it up a few times. Not bad at all. That being said I could see the process being problematic if I were injured.
I bought a hoist in case I solo ride and I'm either too tired to lift or I'm injured: Dustriders Motorcycle Hoist

I'm still working on a good mounting position. Someone at ADV Motorrad gave me ideas how to mount it so it can still be accessible in case I am pinned. I do solo ride quite often so having this hoist is a plus for me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got my RAM mount for my phone! The arm is around 4" long. I bought the U-hook model which works with the Camel brace. I'm undecided if I like my phone sticking that far out. Could potentially become distracting. I want my phone in this position mostly for navigation especially when standing. I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. I also ordered a short RAM arm and it will be here on Sunday.

781 - 800 of 834 Posts