Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

821 - 834 of 834 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Africa Twin DCT
85 Posts
SW Motech stand fitted. A productive 20 minutes!
Looks great! Quick question. When the stand is stowed, does it touch your swingarm on the right side? The right foot actually rests on my swingarm when my bike is hanging out on the kickstand. When I roll my bike off the stand, it slaps my swingarm and I have a tiny nick on it now. I brought it up with SW Motech and they relayed it to Germany HQ and see what they want to do about it. This is on my CRF1000. I'm just curious if the 1100 has a similar problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks great! Quick question. When the stand is stowed, does it touch your swingarm on the right side? The right foot actually rests on my swingarm when my bike is hanging out on the kickstand. When I roll my bike off the stand, it slaps my swingarm and I have a tiny nick on it now. I brought it up with SW Motech and they relayed it to Germany HQ and see what they want to do about it. This is on my CRF1000. I'm just curious if the 1100 has a similar problem.
I don't think so. I can check and take some pics in the morning. I did notice, that when the bike is on the side stand, the first contact point is on the swingarm, left hand side and there is a small rubber pad to protect the swingarm. Only when the bike is lifted off the side stand and the suspension compresses slightly does the centre stand fully stow.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Africa Twin DCT
85 Posts
I don't think so. I can check and take some pics in the morning. I did notice, that when the bike is on the side stand, the first contact point is on the swingarm, left hand side and there is a small rubber pad to protect the swingarm. Only when the bike is lifted off the side stand and the suspension compresses slightly does the centre stand fully stow.
Yep same here. When there is a load (aka me sitting on the bike), the pads touch the swingarm on both sides. When I'm off the bike, the right leg touches my swingarm. If by chance the leg rests your swingarm, I recommend letting SW Motech know so they can see about fixing the design.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep same here. When there is a load (aka me sitting on the bike), the pads touch the swingarm on both sides. When I'm off the bike, the right leg touches my swingarm. If by chance the leg rests your swingarm, I recommend letting SW Motech know so they can see about fixing the design.
I looked this morning and there is no way for the leg (or any other metal part) to contact the swingarm. Looks like SW Motech have corrected whatever issues where on the 1000cc version.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi

Finished intalling and road test of my homemade tool tube. 4 inch ABS pipe attached to the inside of my touratech rack with tool wrap/roll that goes inside. Used Honda’s steel cable for the helmet to lock the cap to the inside retainer of my case, just a deterrent for those too curious.

View attachment 62961 View attachment 62962 View attachment 62963 View attachment 62964
Nicely done! I have a very similar tool tube setup but without the lock. I may just steal your idea there. What do you need to do to disengage the cable and get the cap to spin? Remove the side case? How is the cable secured on the end opposite the cap?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nicely done! I have a very similar tool tube setup but without the lock. I may just steal your idea there. What do you need to do to disengage the cable and get the cap to spin? Remove the side case? How is the cable secured on the end opposite the cap?
View attachment 63103
Hi
The cable goes around the fastener of my pannier, so to remove the cap I must loosen that fastener. No need to remove the case.

As for stealing the idea it’s my pleasure to share this with everybody (y)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Two very low cost yet satisfying mods.
  1. Painted the aluminum fairing panel that surrounds the Honda emblem flat black. I much prefer the blackout aesthetic. The change was made more pressing due to a drop of the bike that ended up marring the aluminum finish. Very happy with the result.
  2. Took 2.25 inches off the Adventure Sport windshield. At 5’8” count me among those ATAS riders annoyed by the fact the top of the wind screen slices perfectly across my preferred field of view. By removing 2.25 inches off the top, the screen is no longer a distraction and continues to keep the wind buffeting at bay. 2.25 inches of screen adjustment allow me to return the screen to its original position should I desire it on rainy days for more shielding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my new National Cycle Vstream N20059 installed - I may end up having to trim a bit off the top, but for now I will try it as it is. Also, put on the new Sargent seat that just came in. The bike will be alot nicer on long distance rides going forward, I think (I hope)!!!

·
Registered
2018 AT Manual Clutch
50 Posts
Put dirt on the bike. Finally got off road and did a bit of trail riding today. Nothing crazy, ATV trails and the dreaded sand. I dislike deep sand. Was quite careful so no get offs. Very fun ride and surprising for the weight of this thing. Mostly hard pack, a couple trails with rocks ledges and loose rocks. Love the torque and steady power. Shinko 804/805 34 PSI worked well.

821 - 834 of 834 Posts