Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

841 - 860 of 904 Posts

·
Registered
2017 AT Manual - touring / 2019 MT07 - daily / 2004 CBR600F4I - Track / 2005 TTR230 - Trail
89 Posts
Not yet to but for my AT, today I bought the Magura Hymec clutch. hopefully in 10 days or so I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It's still early but I aced two different picture contests this morning. One here, and one on another forum.

Found this dinosaur from an old gas station at a local automotive museum.

The next one took some doing. I had to get a picture of a uniformed officer on my bike. I found a Kansas State trooper that was up to the challenge.

·
Registered
434 Posts
No I did not😉

Trooper Goins was very accommodating. I motioned for him to roll his window down, told him what I needed, he said he'd pull over. Apparently used to have a shadow 750, would like to have a v star. Loved the twin. I gave full disclosure what it was for and where it was going and he was cool with it.

·
Registered
2017 AT Manual - touring / 2019 MT07 - daily / 2004 CBR600F4I - Track / 2005 TTR230 - Trail
89 Posts
Does your bike already need a clutch? Easier pull? I really like the factory clutch so far.
LOL Nope, definitely don't need it. And its not hard to pull also. I am just in the mood to spend money on my baby. 😁 The ohlins forks are on back order till fall so this will have to satisfy the craving for now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Altrider high fender kit. Getting ready for Colorado in 3 weeks. Last year I stopped the front tire with mud. View attachment 63368 View attachment 63369
Sweet!! I have one ordered, should be coming in a couple of weeks. Quick question, so it comes with the ss front break line right, if I want to use the regular fender sometimes do you think I can keep the stainless steel break line with the OEM fender or would i have to swap it out every time I change from the high fender to the regular fender?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sweet!! I have one ordered, should be coming in a couple of weeks. Quick question, so it comes with the ss front break line right, if I want to use the regular fender sometimes do you think I can keep the stainless steel break line with the OEM fender or would i have to swap it out every time I change from the high fender to the regular fender?
OVS, at the very least you would run into issues with how the brake lines attach to the fork guards . I guess you could rig up some type of quick disconnects to use in place of the heavy duty zip ties. Then take the Altrider fork guards off and install the OEM fender underneath the high fender. You should be able to make it work.

·
Registered
89 Posts
OVS, at the very least you would run into issues with how the brake lines attach to the fork guards . I guess you could rig up some type of quick disconnects to use in place of the heavy duty zip ties. Then take the Altrider fork guards off and install the OEM fender underneath the high fender. You should be able to make it work.
Thank you for the reply. I figured it wouldn't be so straight forward but was hoping it was relatively easy to swap. Guess I have some tinkering to do once I receive it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
So gonna lay this out here. 2019 ATAS performance mods to date. 1st, Twin air filters. Good or better idk. Thinking will work with "my" program. Second, Boosterplug. And yes it works. More power from bottom to top. Period. It was an improvement on low speed, I have a nasty driveway. And pulls harder through entire revs. Exiting the same corners I've ridden for 30 yrs 10mph faster under same wide open throttle speaks volumes. Tractable and more power. So let's move to the other end. Delkavic cat delete and M4 muffler. Bike revs quicker. Sounds better. No obnoxious. Passing on hway is even easier. Last mod, cut airbox snorkels! WOW! It completes me! Or the bike. Throttle response at any speed is instantaneous. It will break the karoo3s loose at any point I want instead of having to build rpms. 3-4th gear at 30, doesn't have to build speed. Dont have to clutch I can drift and back it in and out at will. I literally giggled before and after snow angling my bike last weekend,. First offroad since snorkles cut!

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is where I cut mine. Just behind factory hole on fork tube side of fair. Step drilled matching hole and cut on other side. Its amazing! Stock, this bike should've had the power it had now.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Africa Twin DCT
120 Posts
Not really a bike mod but I finally bought my WLF Enduro vest to wear for my rides. I love this vest because it places stuff down low near my waistline! I find it way easier to wear a vest and pull stuff out rather than my coat.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Africa Twin DCT
120 Posts
Can't stop doing stuff to my bike! I'm buying more wearable gear and now I bought my Touratech Zumo XT locking mount. This mount was on backorder for almost 2 weeks and they just arrived for shipment. If anyone installs this mount on a RAM, I recommend buying a RAM lock too. Also the Zumo XT locking mount has a little trigger at the bottom that unlocks the arms so you can remove/install the Zumo into the cradle. I couldn't figure this part out because it wasn't in the instructions.

841 - 860 of 904 Posts