Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

881 - 900 of 904 Posts

·
Registered
2017 AT Manual - touring / 2019 MT07 - daily / 2004 CBR600F4I - Track / 2005 TTR230 - Trail
89 Posts
What a nightmare!!! I have broken a few bolt off here and there, the worst one was the side cover bolt... I did my ft-lbs to N-M calculation wrong(it was 1:30AM and 🍺🥃🍹). There really is no feeling that compares to the instant release of the broken bolt. Just gross. Good on you for getting it sorted with not much drama and thanks for the pics. (y)
Yeah its a gut wrenching moment, especially when it's the last one to go it and you instantly realize the hours of extra work you now have to do. Hence the box of empty cans. One moment I was almost ready for a nice ride, then next I was crying into my can of Sapporo busting my knuckles with every snapped drill bit. So yeah super Sunday Funday. But I got the sucker and today....
20210531_125529.jpg

My commute is awesome 🤩😁

·
Registered
2017 AT Manual - touring / 2019 MT07 - daily / 2004 CBR600F4I - Track / 2005 TTR230 - Trail
89 Posts
Outstanding! ...and at least you had that can - and hopefully more stashed...
Hahah yup definitely a few more throughout the process. See the box of empties in the pictures or it didn't happen response on the previous page lol 😉

·
Registered
2019 Honda Africa Twin DCT
120 Posts
This isn't exactly a bike mod but I'm a solo rider and believe in self extraction as much as possible. I picked up this Green Chile Adventure Gear z-drag recovery system so I can either bail myself out or help a stranded rider. I actually attached it to the back of my WLF Enduro vest and it's a perfect fit. My vest does feel heavy but once I wear it, I don't actually feel the weight. I have all sorts of stuff in my vest too.

Here's a link in case anyone is interested in the z-drag system: GCAG Z-Drag Recovery System

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can't seem to stop installing stuff on my bike haha! Here's my ASV Inventions shorty lever! Later this week, I will be installing a steering damper. I swear I'm done after all that!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Agree... now got me think about getting one.....
Me too, but I ran into a problem. I can't find any fun leavers for a hydraulic clutch. I fear I'm stuck with the boring aluminum color.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ASV Inventions has some cool stuff but no hydraulic clutch levers! I'm unsure why they don't make them for the AT. They do have some nice C5 levers though! I bought the F3. This lever tucks nicely behind my hand guard now!
It seems like not many people make anything colorful for the hydraulic clutch. I may see about taking it apart cleaning up any coating it may have on it and applying a titanium nitriding PVD coating to match the gold on the bike. I did my barkbuster aluminum spine like that and loved it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Adding a few farkles to my 2018 ATAS. An Eastern Beaver fuse block, Denali D7 driving lamps, A better horn, hard wiring my garmin mount. A separate switch on the dash for lights on/off and upper crash bars (to mount lights).
IMG_3419.jpg
IMG_3420.jpg

·
Registered
120 Posts
Got my MSC Moto steering damper installed! MSC Moto has a shop in the United States in case anyone in North America is looking for one of their steering dampers (MSC Moto Americas). The install took me about 20 minutes and wasn't all that difficult. I had to remove my Swegotech forkshield because it would interfere with the damper. It looks like I can just trim the forkshield and it will work fine with the damper but we will see. Need to experiment!

I have not ridden with the damper yet but when I max out the clicks on the hard side, the steering is tightened up a ton. When I go all the way soft, the steering is normal. Gotta test the damper out this weekend!

·
Premium Member
2020 ATAS ES DCT
207 Posts
I added the Honda Tank Pads just prior to going riding in the Smokey Mountains last month. I started using the Yamaha MyRide app. and discovered my comfort zone on lean was a mere 20 degrees. How pathetic. That’s embarrassing to say the least. Last month I was up to 35 degrees while riding in the Smokey’s. Yesterday I was at 42 degrees and didn’t even realize when I was leaning that far over. I do know the tank pads helped improve my comfort level. I also added the faring upper and lower wind deflectors, although I haven’t noticed any difference in buffeting.

881 - 900 of 904 Posts