Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1061 - 1080 of 1243 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Sorry one more thing - did you remove the side fairings to access the Honda wiring? Or can you access the plugs from above with the infill panels removed?

cheers
side panels have to come off, only one bolt at the top near screen, two push clips in the "wheel arch" and the rest just pops off

·
Super Moderator
7,639 Posts
What did I do? Reported it stolen! 😡 Ba$tards pushed it out from under the carport in the wee hours.
Ouch!

I reckon they did this even with the steering locked?

Lately I've been pondering a noise theft-deterrent device. Hmmm.

·
Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
406 Posts
What did I do? Reported it stolen! 😡 Ba$tards pushed it out from under the carport in the wee hours.
That sucks!!! But if it makes you feel any better there is no amount of security devices that will deter a determined thief. If they want it, they will take it. Often they lift the whole bike up and walk it into a van. Just brutal. Sorry you are having to deal with that mess right now. I hope the thief's catch a horrible anti-biotic resistant STI!!!

Reactions: ak864

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Installed a new PUIG windscreen (went with Clear) and washed and ceramic coated her. Also washed my wife's Rebel 1100 and my son's Kawasaki Vulcan S 650. And washed and waxed my daily driver and the wife's Dodge Ram Quad Cab pickup. It was a full day, believe me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
NexGen. Use Prep spray to remove everything after washing the bike. Apply using a thin coat and wipe it off. Doesn't take all that long.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you I'll take a look. I was looking to prep my bike for the UK winter I usually use acf via an electric sprayer always good to seek alternatives

·
Premium Member
2018 Africatwin adventure sports. There is no special customization.
134 Posts
Hello from Japan.
This is a replacement for my previous TPMS, which was three years old and lost in the woods due to corrosion of the mounting bracket head.
This time, the model is the same inside, but with a different case and bracket. It comes with two types of brackets, one that can be attached to a bar and one that is action cam compatible.

Gadget Clock Font Wrist Gas
Circuit component Finger Passive circuit component Nail Kitchen utensil
Finger Automotive tire Bumper Thumb Bicycle part

The slim bracket was included in the package, but I had trouble finding a place to install it!
Since the chassis was a little larger, it was cramped in its original position and we decided to change the mounting location to the cowl reinforcement member, but the mounting bracket was not designed to mount on the vertical axis, so we ended up modifying it ourselves.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

gooday

·
Registered
282 Posts
This is a replacement for my previous TPMS, which was three years old and lost in the woods due to corrosion of the mounting bracket head.
My TPMS came with a cheap bracket that eventually broke, but the display unit had the bracket screwed into it with a 1/4" thread the same as used by camera tripod mounts, so I bought a RAM Mounts ball with 1/4" thread and put that on my TPMS display. Now I'm using RAM Mounts balls & arm to hold my TPMS and it is working great! Much stronger and more reliable than the cheap junk bracket that it originally came with.

·
Premium Member
2018 Africatwin adventure sports. There is no special customization.
134 Posts
My TPMS came with a cheap bracket that eventually broke, but the display unit had the bracket screwed into it with a 1/4" thread the same as used by camera tripod mounts, so I bought a RAM Mounts ball with 1/4" thread and put that on my TPMS display. Now I'm using RAM Mounts balls & arm to hold my TPMS and it is working great! Much stronger and more reliable than the cheap junk bracket that it originally came with.
Hi, Thanks for your comment KiwiMark.
This model is detachable, which may help prevent theft.;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
This model is detachable, which may help prevent theft.;)
I could easily remove my TPMS display, but I never bother. Honestly it just is not an expensive enough item, being worth well under 1% of what the bike cost.
I will remove my navigation phone and radar detector though, I'm sure they would be much more tempting targets for thieves.
Pretty much anything attached by RAM Mounts is very easily detachable.

1061 - 1080 of 1243 Posts