Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1181 - 1200 of 1239 Posts

·
Premium Member
CRF1100 DCT
474 Posts
it’s not for the adventure sport models. Never mind I’ll have a look around see if I can find an adventure sport one
Think this is the one for the ATAS.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went on a ride with my wife (she was on her Honda Rebel 1100), my buddy Truman (on his Indian Challenger) and my son on his new 2020 Suzuki GSX-S 750. It was great fun. Son is home on POM Leave until the 27th then he has to report back to his Port. Leaving his bike here for me to take care of while he is gone.

·
Super Moderator
7,627 Posts
Today was a solid day in southern Ontario, Canada to take any bike out for a well deserved jaunt. Some areas got up to +7C. With my Fly Ignitor Pro riding gloves set on low (one LED on), I was able to get in a solid two hour Boxing Day ride in sublime comfort. The Honda Africa Twin is so smooth for a twin.

Today, something that is not often seen on the Forum:

A motorcycle in front of a nuclear reactor ...
Wheel Tire Plant Sky Property

This is a reactor on McMaster University campus (Hamilton, Ontario), the 80th ranked university in the world.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 AT DCT
74 Posts
Today was a solid day in southern Ontario, Canada to take any bike out for a well deserved jaunt. Some areas got up to +7C. With my Fly Ignitor Pro riding gloves set on low (one LED on), I was able to get in a solid two hour Boxing Day ride in sublime comfort. The Honda Africa Twin is so smooth for a twin.
Plus 7C is nice. Up in Barrie just north of you we only got to +1C and the city goes crazy with the road salt here. I remember telling my American friends that any winter day above zero was a nice day in Canada. They looked at me strange and then I immediately realized zero was something completely different to them. It was hard to back out of that one.

·
Super Moderator
7,627 Posts
Plus 7C is nice. Up in Barrie just north of you we only got to +1C and the city goes crazy with the road salt here. I remember telling my American friends that any winter day above zero was a nice day in Canada. They looked at me strange and then I immediately realized zero was something completely different to them. It was hard to back out of that one.
We got the road brine spray and it was dry by the time I got going.

·
Premium Member
2018 Africatwin adventure sports. There is no special customization.
134 Posts

View attachment 67825

This is a reactor on McMaster University campus (Hamilton, Ontario), the 80th ranked university in the world.
View attachment 67826
Oh! You're going back to the future.
Where's Marty and Doc?
:cool:

·
Registered
707 Posts
You forgot to mention that women here are also wearing swim suits, shorts and halter tops when the temperatures are around 25.

·
Premium Member
CRF1100 DCT
474 Posts
After washing my AT yesterday and leaving overnight to dry off I hoisted it up on the stand and gave it a good application of XCP rust blocker underneath, also cleaned up the exhaust etc.
The great thing about the sky lift is you can raise the front only, the back only or the whole bike. You can then spin the bike around if required.

Fuel tank Tire Automotive lighting Wheel Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

One thing you have to watch out for is when taking off the stand that you have the brakes on the casters activated. Guess what some plonker didn't do today :D
Well as I removed the right side support I started to go around to the left side and the stand moved and the AT fell on its side :D
It was laying flat but no room between it and the shed wall so I had to grab the rear end and pivot it around so that I could get in. Forgot to take a pic of it lying down but the good thing is no damage at all except the screen had popped out on the rubber nuts and the mirror had spun round on the thread.

Best thing however is I now know I can easily lift the AT, I was actually surprised how easy it was so I now no longer have a fear of what will I do if I ever drop it :)

·
Premium Member
CRF1100 DCT
474 Posts
Oh I also routed a USB cable nicely along the cables and up to the phone holder so that it does not get snagged up on anything as I go lock to lock.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Alloy wheel Bumper

·
Premium Member
98 Posts

View attachment 67825

View attachment 67826
Sorry, for a minute there I thought you said ‘Nuclear Reactor on a Uni campus’……oh, you did actually say that! 😂 🙈 What could possibly go wrong? 😆

·
Registered
AT DCT XADV CT125
125 Posts
Oh bugger, do damage then phew that was close, Liking that sky lift indeedy. Where did you get that from?

done a few bits on mine today.
Tank protectors
Touratech bash plate
Honda off roady pegs
Upper air deflectors
Acerbis frame guards
Hand guard extensions
Touring screen off the ATAS.
Bumot pannier frames with a hope of Portugal getting closer.
Soft luggage to suit with the grey tool box.
Have to say really impressed with the Bumots. Better made and designed than the touratech ones in which i used Soft Magadans.
Although very slightly smallee on one side they are marginally wider which takes my MSR tent lying flat in the bottom. Brilliant:))
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Shotgun Air gun Bag Gun accessory Musical instrument accessory
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Fender Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bag Bumper Automotive exterior
Car Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Premium Member
CRF1100 DCT
474 Posts
Man that black rack looks sweet although I reckon your bike would look better with a silver one, want to swap :ROFLMAO:

Got the skylift direct from ABBA, no not the Swedish ones :D

Pricey but it is good. Some pics of when I first got it.

Rear up.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Fuel tank Automotive tire

Front up.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Whole bike up.
Wheel Tire Bicycle Fuel tank Bicycle tire

·
Super Moderator
7,627 Posts
1181 - 1200 of 1239 Posts