Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1541 - 1560 of 1608 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,616 Posts
Yep, certainly adds to ‘the look’. 👌🏻

How you getting on with the ES on the British rds, worth the upgrade?
ES is great although I need more messing around to fine tune it to my preference. The tubeless wheels and the 2022 DCT upgrades were my reasons for the upgrade, I wasn't supposed to be getting the ES version but noticed it was the ES noticed on my way home. Called him the next morning and that was when he found out he ordered the wrong one. I said I would be willing to pay something towards the ES so he asked if I would pay 1/3 of the difference and I agreed.

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
390 Posts
Nice over there in the UK, you con order the bike with or without ES.
In USA, only 1 (ONE) Model and that is it!.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
@Hood From what I gather the 2022 is only worth getting for the DCT mod to throttle control? I am manual guy but really interested in the ES (plus the tubeless of the ATS), we have a lot a varied roads in the UK and a bike like this would warrant ES. I’ll follow the ES thread but do keep us posted on their about it?

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,616 Posts
@Hood From what I gather the 2022 is only worth getting for the DCT mod to throttle control? I am manual guy but really interested in the ES (plus the tubeless of the ATS), we have a lot a varied roads in the UK and a bike like this would warrant ES. I’ll follow the ES thread but do keep us posted on their about it?
The changes are supposed to also affect the manual but I am not sure how.

·
Registered
2018 Africatwin adventure sports. There is no special customization.
140 Posts
Hi, I installed the louvers on the Africa Twin's radiator guard today.
The louvers are parts for the motocrosser CRF250.
Product Material property Rectangle Composite material Gas

Since the Africa Twin's radiator is smaller, I cut off one of the inner wings to make four.

Gas Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Composite material

On the left side where the horn is installed, cut off the interfering part.

The louvers are installed using Insulock.

Automotive tire Tire Automotive exhaust Rim Automotive exterior

It gives it more of an off-road bike vibe, don't you like it?

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Tire

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,616 Posts
Yesterday I was needing another 7kg reel of aluminium mig wire so just the perfect excuse to take the AT to collect it.
Fitted the panniers and off I went. Got the wire, put it in the pannier and headed down to the workshop. Going round bends I could feel the wire moving in the pannier and although it wasnt too bad I decided I needed a method of securing stuff like that in the pannier. Onto Amazon and ordered some cam lock webbing straps.

Tire Automotive tire Product Font Automotive wheel system

Used a heated knife to cut them into lengths and a heated philips screwdriver to melt holes into them and then used the button heads in the panniers to secure them, should work well I think.

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper Gadget Camera

·
Registered
2018 ATAS DCT
62 Posts
Yesterday I spend about 2 hour fiddling with the handlebar and the mirrors, adjusting what it would be the best angle for vision and less stress for the ball that keep the mirror in place. Adjusted the barkbuster position and clean the bike.
Also repurposed the tool boxes
Now I carry the standard tool sachet + extra wrenches in the side tool area.
A ratchet straps and plastic ties in the tool box next to the battery.
An Allen key set, spanners and tyre pressure gauge under the seat. and still have space for something else under the seat.

Of course, all that is invisible to the person looking at the motorcycle , so no photos.
Luckily or me, my wife understand all that. .. mostly after I spend another 3 hours adjusting her footpegs and gear lever and brake lever , etc.

1541 - 1560 of 1608 Posts