Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1581 - 1600 of 1608 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,618 Posts
A custom adjustable sidestand for the beast should be interesting to follow.

I remember the adjustable sidestand on my childhood bicycle always collapsing. Those dang soft set screws.
Well I got to the workshop and the power was off, they eventually found it to be a burnt out supply under the road about 300m away and got the power back on about 2pm. That had given me a chance to search for some suitable heavy walled tube but nothing so out with the grinder and hacked 25mm out of the oem stand.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part

Got it welded back together sans the 25mm section.

Pneumatic tool Saw Drill Handheld power drill Wood

Now just waiting on the paint drying.

Rectangle Wood Tints and shades Font Flooring

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
390 Posts
@Hood . Well, will do the same. Also I see needs to adjust the angle of the foot to be flat with the floor.
Mine remain raised now.
Please inform the result once you assemble back.
To measure the inclination, and evaluate if the 25 or 20 mm will suffice in my AT.

Thank You!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,618 Posts
How much did you lower yours? The lowering link I put on is supposed to be 30mm but again I forgot the measure a before and after :(
Also I suppose the preload will make a difference.

I kept the foot angle the same, my thinking is it sat fine at standard height so if I shorten the stand the correct amount then it should again be at the correct angle.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Time for an oil change with Shell Advance Ultra 4T synthetic 10w40 and Honda oil filter. Also cleaned up and resolved a couple of oil leaks from the engine seal plugs that Honda didn't use sealing gaskets / crush washers on. Two of the sealing plugs required a bit of tightening, especially the one on the right side and checked/torqued the oil pan fasteners. If they start leaking again, I'll install aluminum crush washers on them. Still kind of annoying to have leaks like this coming from Honda.

Had around 6k on the Motul 300V 10w40 which looked okay, shifting hadn't gotten worse and magentic drain plugs were free of debris. Probably could've gone a bit longer on the 300V but wanted to get the service out of the way and the oil leaks resolved. Still needs a wash and good cleaning on the underside sometime this week.
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs Rim Gas

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Bumper Gun accessory

Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
390 Posts
@Hood
I lowered the forks the max allowable and is like 12MM.
The rear shock I made a part to lower the spring.
Now bike is too much vertical. Side step does not sit flat.
But my feet are good on ground. 🤣
I think the 20 mm will be good in my bike.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Rim Automotive wheel system

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Leg Road surface Asphalt Street light Tar

·
Registered
CRF1000L | KLX300SM
330 Posts
Washed my AT after returning from out west. (blog linked below)

Next month will be five years with my AT. Just over 27k miles. It's been to some nice places in the mountains, but I'm considering the next five years with the AT. Part of that is making changes for more road oriented life. The OEM saddlebags and a 19/17 rim lace-up are being noodled. I have a second set of wheels with off-pavement tires and soft saddlebags. Both can be swapped when needed. Have to see....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Spent most of yesterday Cleaning the bike, removed the r&g tank side grips as they had started to come away
and removed the scorpion can that came with the bike
Put the original one back on, must be getting old as know I can here my self think :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,618 Posts
Thanks to @mega33 's post here (a week ago), this arrived today:
View attachment 72533

View attachment 72534

Being that I love chain maintenance and all that revolves around it ( ... not), I cannot wait to install this baby. In conjunction with the long time use of the Tutoro auto-luber, I might be able to pretend that the chain has disappeared. :LOL:
Maybe it will also keep all the dust and dirt confined and give you a nice grinding paste coated chain :devilish:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Second issue I've had after filling up at the gas station in the past two weeks. Last week, after running flawlessly the ATAS didn't want to start after refueling and then ran poor and would stall at stops. Turns out I hit the Rapid Bike map toggle switch when refueling and switched to the zero map. Quick switch back to the auto-adaptive map and everything was fine. I was worried about this and so will relocate the map switch to one of the dash blanks. I like the idea of having a performance map and also an economy map for when I'm traveling with more highway sections for better fuel economy. With the base map loaded and auto-adaptive tuning with some miles on it, the bike is running better than ever, no issues except for when I accidentally switch maps.

The other issue last night was with the Denali lights and Denali DialDim controller. I left the pump and noticed the DialDim switch flashing red on one circuit so the electronically fused circuit in the DialDim controller had been triggered. When I got home I realized I probably set the fuse value too low in the DialDim for one light circuit. On the DialDim, Denali calls for 10A on the D4 lights, 15A on the D7 lights and looks like I had those reversed in the settings. So set to correct fuse values and everything appears to be functioning properly again. During daylight hours with both D7 & D4 set to 15% intensity, I notice vehicles don't pull out now even from farther down the road so think it's a good sign that visibility is improved with the additional yellow blobs.

·
Super Moderator
9,109 Posts
If you install the rear axle the opposite way, you'd only have to take the nut off and not pull the entire axle out to remove the cover.
A replacement bracket supplied with the CRF1000 kit is designed so only two doom nuts are removed to clean the chain cover without disturbing the axle assembly.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Sports equipment

1581 - 1600 of 1608 Posts