Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1861 - 1880 of 2000 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Well Fuzzcat,
Try as I may, I can't find that post about your method of install of the center stand. Can you give me a hint? When I did mine, I used a short stick tied to the rear of the rear tire. Then, I tied a piece of bailing wire to it that was connected to the spring. Then, I simply pulled back on the stick and the fulcrum leverage (against the tire) made for a very easy spring install.
Scott

• Helpful
Reactions: Fuzzcat

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Installed SKENE P3 brake lights, but didn't connect them, came across the spare connector... what is that for, and what type of connector is that?
Hood Trunk Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive lighting Cable

Also if I have to tap into these... what wire color in this connector below are;
  1. Rear lights
  2. Brake lights
  3. Left signal
  4. Right signal
  5. Neutral
Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
234 Posts
Two years ago I posted with images an effortless way to install center stand springs with an umbrella drink in one's hand and it got roundly poop-pooped ... okie-dokie there ya' go ... whatever

EDIT - over the past two years I've wondered, why the resistance to how I demonstrated how to install center-stand springs effortlessly? It remains a mystery to me. A wild guess might be that center-stand spring installation is something like an odd right-of-passage or something. Heave-hoo, boy.

But really, if you want to see how to install center stand springs, go search for my older post ... but first, pour an umbrella drink because it's that easy
my way was extremely effortless also. Smarter not harder I always say.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,484 Posts
Installed SKENE P3 brake lights, but didn't connect them, came across the spare connector... what is that for, and what type of connector is that?
View attachment 75077
View attachment 75076 View attachment 75080

Also if I have to tap into these... what wire color in this connector below are;
  1. Rear lights
  2. Brake lights
  3. Left signal
  4. Right signal
  5. Neutral
View attachment 75078
That is the DLC connector (Diagnostic port)

Green is always negative on Honda. According to the UK manual Blue is right indicator, Orange left and blue/red is tail light and green/yellow brake..

·
Premium Member
2021 ATAS DCT ES
245 Posts
That is the DLC connector (Diagnostic port)

Green is always negative on Honda. According to the UK manual Blue is right indicator, Orange left and blue/red is tail light and green/yellow brake..
To build on hoods post that connector does not house the tail or brake light in that’s the 3 pin connector behind that plugs in to the tail light directly

·
Registered
2018 Africatwin adventure sports. There is no special customization.
148 Posts
I repaired a friend's headlight that was broken in Woods.

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

I thought it was just a crack, but it was quite damaged.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

Body pieces were welded and lenses were glued with resin.
Musical instrument Guitar accessory String instrument Finger String instrument accessory

Automotive lighting Helmet Automotive tire Bag Bumper

Large gaps are filled and repaired with epoxy resin and restored.
In Japan, vehicle inspections are conducted once every two years, so repairs to safety parts are essential.(y)

Wheel Tire Motorcycle Vehicle Sports equipment

·
Registered
'22 ATAS ES DCT
138 Posts

View attachment 75094

View attachment 75095

View attachment 75096

View attachment 75097

In Japan, vehicle inspections are conducted once every two years, so repairs to safety parts are essential.(y)

View attachment 75098
Just curious, did that damage happen while the headlight guards were on?

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
View attachment 75096

Good job, helping a friend (y) I have one of these, they do excellent job connecting the "puzzle" of broken pieces

the key is; "once the wire is sunken into plastic, BEFORE pulling back the gun give the wire a small twist, so the wire will horizontally embed itself into the plastic"
Used the plastic welder to repair broken plastic items

·
Registered
82 Posts
Today ordered a set of Bumot Xtremada Soft Pannier System for my 22 AT standard. Best part was ADV Motorrad called me 30 minutes after ordering. Customer Service Rep said he saw in my past orders I have a Bumot hard Top Case and wanted to know if I wanted the locks changed on the panniers to match my Top Case at no charge? Heck yeah! Jokingly was told I'll have 6 keys now to open one lock. Notification already pannier system shipped and expected in 2 days. Wow......
My Bumot Xtremada Soft Pannier System arrived today. System was shipped in two boxes. No instructions but pretty much self explanatory. I'm a big torque spec guy which would of been nice, but..... Just snugged up all bolts/nuts and used blue Loctite 248.
Complete system went on with no problems. Inside each pannier was a large waterproof bag/sleeve. All my Bumot lockable equipment now use one key which is nice i.e. Top Case & both lockable panniers. The panniers are 35L left, & 31L right. Should work well for my needs.
Taking a 3 day trip next week so I'll be ready anything I hope. Pleased so far with system, and ADV Motorrad for their customer service and 2 day shipping.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
View attachment 75077
View attachment 75076 View attachment 75080

1. Rear lights
  2. Brake lights
  3. Left signal
  4. Right signal
  5. Neutral
View attachment 75078
All done, SKENE P3 are on my ATAS now... didn't even have to re-program, they "remembered" my last settings from my FJR.
Tapped as suggested into;
green = ground
Black w red stripe = tail lights
Green w yellow stripe = brake lights
Luggage and bags Bag Trunk Automotive design Auto part

LED's are soooo bright, they should be illegal o_O:oops:
If you look at them when brake applied by accident, you'll see black dots for a minute or two... crazy.

I didn't like Skene's suggested mounting style;
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

so I removed the Red reflector, and installed both P3's in that place, perfect fit.
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Light Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Light Motor vehicle

Here's OE Honda ATAS brake LED's:
Orange Lighting Automotive lighting Font Line

And then Skene's P3's ,so bright they mess with camera exposure
Amber Orange Lighting Morning Gas
Amber Nature Orange Sky Gesture

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
My Bumot Xtremada Soft Pannier System arrived today. System was shipped in two boxes. No instructions but pretty much self explanatory. I'm a big torque spec guy which would of been nice, but..... Just snugged up all bolts/nuts and used blue Loctite 248.
Complete system went on with no problems. Inside each pannier was a large waterproof bag/sleeve. All my Bumot lockable equipment now use one key which is nice i.e. Top Case & both lockable panniers. The panniers are 35L left, & 31L right. Should work well for my needs.
Taking a 3 day trip next week so I'll be ready anything I hope. Pleased so far with system, and ADV Motorrad for their customer service and 2 day shipping.
Looking great, is there still room for a Rotopax behind the left bag?

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
481 Posts
Finally got the screen visor! But had to buy whole windscreen kit too.
Here was post of the Visor P/N alone. But I do not know if somebody was able to purchase alone?
@Hood Did you posted it?
I was looking on my files but can't find the picture.
It was a exploded view of the items included with the High Screen, and there was this P/N, and was listed like $10.

1861 - 1880 of 2000 Posts