Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1881 - 1900 of 2000 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CRF1100 manual
152 Posts
Here was post of the Visor P/N alone. But I do not know if somebody was able to purchase alone?
@Hood Did you posted it?
I was looking on my files but can't find the picture.
It was a exploded view of the items included with the High Screen, and there was this P/N, and was listed like $10.
Yes he posted it. But it wasn't worth it for us in the states. 8€ + 46€ shipping. Might as well get the whole windscreen kit for $145 usd. If anything, I could probably sell the windscreen for $130 maybe? As long as its less than 54€ ill be happy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Today I put my big boy pants on and decided it was time to strip the tank off the bike and fit the guglatech filter.
I have been putting the job off for weeks, as I thought it would be a royal pain in the arse.
To be honest It was not that bad.
Glad it's done
Also fitted a Denali Sound Bomb Mini as the OEM Horn is utter shite!
Finished the day off with a test ride to The Raven Cafe for a spot of lunch.
Happy Days Blue Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Today I put my big boy pants on and decided it was time to strip the tank off the bike and fit the guglatech filter.
I have been putting the job off for weeks, as I thought it would be a royal pain in the arse.
To be honest It was not that bad.
Glad it's done
Also fitted a Denali Sound Bomb Mini as the OEM Horn is utter shite!
Finished the day off with a test ride to The Raven Cafe for a spot of lunch.
Happy Days View attachment 75205 View attachment 75204
Question: can some gas filtering screen be installed at the "mouth or the gas filler hole" instead of what you did? Is there such an aftermarket product available?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Question: can some gas filtering screen be installed at the "mouth or the gas filler hole" instead of what you did? Is there such an aftermarket product available?
Guglatech has a fuel filler neck filter as well. It wouldn't help with the fuel tank weld flaking issues on the affected ATAS models though and if you're going to run a filler neck filter, might as well protect the fuel pump assembly with pump filter. HONDA Fuel Tank Filter - M22006-ARM

You have to be careful when installing the filler neck filter to position if to the left side of the tank to avoid the fuel level float on the right side. Once inserted into the tank, I found it easiest to position though the fuel pump opening. You can't go full throttle with the gas pump or it will shut off so fueling takes a bit longer but not really a big deal.
2018-2020+ Africa Twin Adventure Sports (ATAS)...
Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Automotive tire White Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Guglatech has a fuel filler neck filter as well. It wouldn't help with the fuel tank weld flaking issues on the affected ATAS models though and if you're going to run a filler neck filter, might as well protect the fuel pump assembly with pump filter. HONDA Fuel Tank Filter - M22006-ARM

You have to be careful when installing the filler neck filter to position if to the left side of the tank to avoid the fuel level float on the right side. Once inserted into the tank, I found it easiest to position though the fuel pump opening. You can't go full throttle with the gas pump or it will shut off so fueling takes a bit longer but not really a big deal.
2018-2020+ Africa Twin Adventure Sports (ATAS)...
View attachment 75216
View attachment 75217
So it will be something like this?
White Light Product Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES (manual)
7 Posts
Looks smart
I do like the crash bars in white
Been thinking of getting the heed ones recoated in white towards the end of the year
I'm pretty happy with the white crash bars, but the way these mount (Outback Motortek), I couldn't do a full Akra exhaust and headers... My buddy wants to wrap the cases white, too. Might be too 80s for me.

·
Registered
613 Posts
On a whimsical note, what is that apparently famous London-vicnity restaurant that's all the rage for UK riders? It was featured a time-or-two in the Long Way series and apparently bike-related press briefings and such are frequently held there
BIke Shed Moto. Just finished viewing Long Way Up and the LA location was featured at the end.

·
Registered
2021 CRF1100 manual
152 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the white crash bars, but the way these mount (Outback Motortek), I couldn't do a full Akra exhaust and headers... My buddy wants to wrap the cases white, too. Might be too 80s for me.
Why cant you do the full exhaust? I was thinking about that for next year? I also have the white crash bars.

Plant Tire Wheel Motorcycle Fuel tank

1881 - 1900 of 2000 Posts