Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

What did you do to your Africa Twin today?

497K views 4K replies 400 participants last post by  DoubleThumper 
#1 ·
Share what you did today with the Africa Twin community!

Example: Met up with the Africa Twin group and went on a ride with the boys!

Example: Finally received the heated grips in the mail. I will be installing them tomorow, stay tuned for pictures.

Example: Took her out to play in the dirt for the first time...

Anything goes.... :grin2:

#1,039 ·
Hello from Japan.

The frame of the cradle is almost sandblasted with pebbles flying around from the front tire. Rubber Chipping Paint.
It can be used to rubber coat the painted surface, which is effective in protecting it from flying rocks. The main thing is to prevent rust, though. The painted surface looks like a semi-glossy grained paint.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper

Tire Fluid Automotive tire Bottle Drink

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle

#1,047 ·
I installed a 41 sprocket on my 1000 manual last thursday, dropping a tooth and gearing up a tad. Slightly more relaxed at 110-120 kph.
I know the engine is infinitely flexible but it sorta suits the 60 & 80 kph zones better. (4th & 5th) Without changing up and lugging.
I rarely venture off road and at idle the speed diff is sweet FA.
Haven't checked with my gps but i think now the speedo reading is more accurate.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Tire Motor vehicle

It feels good for now!

#1,059 ·
Install Outback engine guard.

This is the Outback engine guard that has shown the strongest level of protection in the touring events we have participated in. Unlike other products, it will not be affected by a slight impact. You can't go wrong with this one.

I prefer to keep it simple, so I only use the main frame. I also don't want to make it too heavy.

The weight is 4.8kg.

After riding with it, we found that the OUTBACK guard does a good job not only as a fall guard but also as a reinforcement member since it is rigidly fixed to the center frame of the semi-double cradle Africa Twin frame.

The fatigued frame, which has run about 100,000 km, has been refined to the extent that the suspension feels better.
It was a happy miscalculation.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Plant

Wheel Sky Tire Cloud Vehicle

#1,060 · (Edited)
I removed my Garmin Zumo 595 and will instead use a rugged phone with huge battery (Ulefone Power Armor 13 with 13,200mAh battery). This will mean that in horrible weather I could just run the phone without any charging cable plugged in and it should be able to run navigation all day without running out of battery. My Garmin was working just fine for what it does, but it can't run the app for my radar detector and doesn't offer any choices for the navigation app - so the phone wins in two ways.

Garmin sharing the windscreen brace with the RD.

Garmin is gone, mount (with wires) gone - The new phone with its very nice 6.81" screen looking good in its place. Both the phone & the RD nicely in my line of sight. Oh, look at that - it looks like I very recently hit 30,000kms on my AT.