Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
No.

· Registered
165 Posts
When I was a young guy and started driving and riding, the only people who named their cars and bikes were girls. So no, I do not name my bikes! I mean, my new Honda might be one of many gender pronouns and I ain't going there!

· Registered
287 Posts
When I was a young guy and started driving and riding, the only people who named their cars and bikes were girls. So no, I do not name my bikes! I mean, my new Honda might be one of many gender pronouns and I ain't going there!
Man, I'm hard pressed to remember many guys who didn't name their cars... The Black Hearse (Custom Cruiser), Brown Stain (Pinto), Feeble Brit (MG), etc. If I'm honest though, I don't remember naming my bikes, they were just "my Kawasaki" or "my Honda."

But back then, it was just "He" or "She," no nebulous spectrum.

· Registered
165 Posts
Man, I'm hard pressed to remember many guys who didn't name their cars... The Black Hearse (Custom Cruiser), Brown Stain (Pinto), Feeble Brit (MG), etc. If I'm honest though, I don't remember naming my bikes, they were just "my Kawasaki" or "my Honda."

But back then, it was just "He" or "She," no nebulous spectrum.
Brown Stain for a Pinto has me laughing! I am on another continent where the Pinto never landed but I know exactly what you mean! As far as naming machines, I guess down under it isn't so much of a thing for blokes. I'm not against it though! I do like the fact that Ricky's car on TBP is called the "Shitmobile" A name for a distinguishing feature is good.

Attachments

· Registered
225 Posts
Mine is Brunhilde, like a Scandinavian mythology Valkyrie, Because I originally bought it to visit the fjords of Norway, but mostly when I first rode it I could hear wagner's
flight of the Valkyries in my head when going full throttle !!!

Reactions: garyh

· Registered
26 Posts
Most of my vehicles have names:
- 1994 Trans Am is "Mullet" (self explanatory)
- 2005 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 pickup was "Bubba" (roll up windows, rubber floor instead of carpet, big tires)
- 1996 Chevrolet 1500 4x4 with mismatched fender and door is "Cletus" (needed a name more country than Bubba)
- 2001 Yamaha FZ1 is "TWYSTY"

The names all kind of make sense and just came to me, either as inspiration or comments from friends.

I first rented an Africa Twin for a guided tour throughout Slovenia last year and it got named very quickly. I went with 5 of my best friends. The bike was a red 2016 that we named Squirrel after the 2nd or 3rd day as it was light, fast and often darting about in the streets.

Since then I bought my 2018 Adventure Sports. I have over 5,000 miles on it and it hasn't "earned" a name yet. A buddy keeps bugging me about that, but it can't be forced. I absolutely love the bike, but maybe this bike never gets a name... Who knows...

· Registered
225 Posts
Mine is Brunhilde like the Valkyrie in Scandinavian Mythology, because first ride I came to a twisty road, opened the throttle,
heard this awesome exhaust note with the power zipping effortlessly in the bends.
I could hear in my head, flight of the Valkyries by Wagner and that's also when I was sold on the Honda !

41 - 60 of 95 Posts