Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Adventure Sidecar rig... here is a rather lengthy thread on the build process that is still in work:

Need one of those for my dog 馃槀

Registered
22 ATAS
2022 ATAS ES DCT; 19,522 OTD, not including tax or tags. That included 1125 of prep and freight, and a few back room fees. Full MSRP of 18,099. Only one in stock and there was no negotiating room. Well, I did get what Honda calls a light bar for free but had to pay for half of the one hour install of $135. Added a center stand at full retail. Jeez! How do they expect you to lube that chain without one? Purchased last week.

Super Moderator
2022 ATAS ES DCT; 19,522 OTD, not including tax or tags. That included 1125 of prep and freight, and a few back room fees. Full MSRP of 18,099. Only one in stock and there was no negotiating room. Well, I did get what Honda calls a light bar for free but had to pay for half of the one hour install of $135. Added a center stand at full retail. Jeez! How do they expect you to lube that chain without one? Purchased last week.
Yeah, center stand is a must on this beast for routine DIY maintenance, and particularly if you don't have a garage.

Welcome to the Forum @Denman46.

Feel free to introduce yourself at the New Member Introductions area of the Forum.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
What do you guys think about getting one used? I see 2021's with 100-2000 Miles running for 16-16.5k. Any thoughts? Is the 2022 that much more worth it?

Super Moderator
What do you guys think about getting one used? I see 2021's with 100-2000 Miles running for 16-16.5k. Any thoughts? Is the 2022 that much more worth it?
I have no problem investigating any used bike. It is a part of the journey and most times can be fun.

However, a walk around the searchable forum community you will find detailed opinions on 2021s that did not work out for a member or two. In one popular case, a 2022 model was quickly had and satisfaction was immediate. So much so in fact that no time was wasted dismantling the new AT. Matt Black played a limited, but common role too.

Registered
I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
In a motorcycle discussion, he's alluding to his right wing opinions by implying that California lacks freedom and is suggesting you move somewhere more conservative because Cali is full of Krauts (hence the "Kalifornia" and "Mein Gott" which is German for "Oh my God") . He probably used the other term which rhymes with Yahtzee here in the past and caught flak with the mods.

Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
So much so in fact that no time was wasted dismantling the new AT. Matt Black played a limited, but common role too.
We are clueless. Who can be that mysterious Matt Black Man????
It will be a job for Sherlock Holmes, or some other famous Private Investigator.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Hood

Registered
I have never purchased a motorcycle new, including my Africa Twin. I bought my 2017 with manual tranny this past January already loaded with farkles and only 626 miles on the odometer. Used can be a great option.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I have no problem investigating any used bike. It is a part of the journey and most times can be fun.

However, a walk around the searchable forum community you will find detailed opinions on 2021s that did not work out for a member or two. In one popular case, a 2022 model was quickly had and satisfaction was immediate. So much so in fact that no time was wasted dismantling the new AT. Matt Black played a limited, but common role too.
Im confused, can you explain better? Also, do people not like the 2021?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I have never purchased a motorcycle new, including my Africa Twin. I bought my 2017 with manual tranny this past January already loaded with farkles and only 626 miles on the odometer. Used can be a great option.
The Harley that I currently own, and am currently selling was used. I would like to get a used one if possible but seems hard to find a 2021+ for obvious reasons

Registered
2018 AT DCT
2021 ATAS ES DCT, last November, for $20,148 out the door. AZ sales tax was 8.25%.

No regrets... converting it to a Hack rig, though.

View attachment 73518
2021 ATAS ES DCT, last November, for $20,148 out the door. AZ sales tax was 8.25%.

No regrets... converting it to a Hack rig, though.

View attachment 73518
Just curious where you purchased your 2021, and if you felt like you were fairly treated. I鈥檓 in the PHX metro area.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts