Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2017 DCT, 2021 Adv Sport ES DCT
550 Posts
Just curious where you purchased your 2021, and if you felt like you were fairly treated. I’m in the PHX metro area.
I bought the one mentioned at Western Honda, and yes, I felt like I was treated well. The market was tight, but they were fair about pricing for the market and not so many nuisance fees as the rest. The OTD price mentioned above included the sales tax.

Honda Motorcycle, ATV, SxS Dealer, Arizona: Western Honda - Scottsdale-Phoenix.

They offer a one time, 30% discount on Honda parts and accessories that you do not have to use immediately. They offer a 15% life time discount if you buy a bike there.

I have bought a prior Africa Twin at the Gilbert location of Ride Now. I really could not recommend them. It was a lot more work to get to a decent price, they made a major error on the front brake setup, and overcharged on the registration and managed to screw up the title. I would look at them as a dealer of last resort.

I also liked, but did not buy from Go AZ https://www.goaz.com/, since they had no stock when I was looking. The kid I was working with was pleasant, followed up on a few things, and let me take a Ural hack rig out for an hour ride without any debate. I would look at them as a close 2nd to Western.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not sure what other people's thoughts are on the 2021 ATAS ES DCT but my experience with mine has been nothing but good. The bike is a blast to ride and never let me down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Not sure what other people's thoughts are on the 2021 ATAS ES DCT but my experience with mine has been nothing but good. The bike is a blast to ride and never let me down.
Cant wait to get my hands on mine. Just waiting to sell my Harley :(. If that wasn't the case would already be at the dealership today

·
Registered
2018 AT DCT
39 Posts
I bought the one mentioned at Western Honda, and yes, I felt like I was treated well. The market was tight, but they were fair about pricing for the market and not so many nuisance fees as the rest. The OTD price mentioned above included the sales tax.

Honda Motorcycle, ATV, SxS Dealer, Arizona: Western Honda - Scottsdale-Phoenix.

They offer a one time, 30% discount on Honda parts and accessories that you do not have to use immediately. They offer a 15% life time discount if you buy a bike there.

I have bought a prior Africa Twin at the Gilbert location of Ride Now. I really could not recommend them. It was a lot more work to get to a decent price, they made a major error on the front brake setup, and overcharged on the registration and managed to screw up the title. I would look at them as a dealer of last resort.

I also liked, but did not buy from Go AZ https://www.goaz.com/, since they had no stock when I was looking. The kid I was working with was pleasant, followed up on a few things, and let me take a Ural hack rig out for an hour ride without any debate. I would look at them as a close 2nd to Western.
Thanks Beowulf. Yes, I also bought my first motorcycle from them as well, a 2018 Base AT DCT. Like you, I felt well treated and I thought I got a good deal. I prefer dealing with the smaller, family run businesses. At this point though, I’m leaning more towards the AS, since I’m riding on tarmac most of the time. AFAIK, I haven’t seen them list any 2022 models on their website yet, but I’m probably wrong since I don’t check it regularly.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I paid 18,500 for mine at Southern Honda plus my state tax. Given the current motorcycle market that fair imo. Lots of places charging 2k plus over MSRP after freight/fees etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I paid 18,500 for mine at Southern Honda plus my state tax. Given the current motorcycle market that fair imo. Lots of places charging 2k plus over MSRP after freight/fees etc.
Might be worth waiting for this recession we're about to enter. Cant imagine people will be buying "toys" at that time.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts