Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the awesome ground clearance that allows me to go between the speed bumps and the curb! :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love the awesome ground clearance that allows me to go between the speed bumps and the curb! :smile2:

I call them speed jumps.

What I love most about mine is the gobs more power the AT has over my KLR. Everything is much smoother and more refined. I tend to need to hit the gas pump more often though >:). But im still smiling none-the-less.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have to say, the longer I ride it the better it gets & it's already a GREAT BIKE!!

Fantastic all rounder !

I have a feeling I shall be keeping this one too, just like my VFR1200DCT purchased in 2012 over 90 000km & still going great!

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's my first motorcycle, so I have nothing to compare it to. That said, I really like the bike.

The DCT is great for me as I had such a learning curve with all the other concepts, its nice not to have to worry about shifting.

I like that it is equally at home on pavement and off. I live in an area where the roads will be paved for a while, then unpaved, then paved again. I like that the Africa Twin has no problem handling that. Also, we have some low water river crossings and two-track dirt roads as well in the area and the AT makes them all feel equally smooth.

The power is nice as well. The ability to accelerate and quickly merge in with highway traffic is nice. Also when I need to pass someone one the highway, it can happen quickly and I like that. I was initially looking at the NC700X, but one of the complaints is that it lacked enough power to quickly pass at highway speeds.

I also like that there is ton of aftermarket support for the AT. So for I've got upper/lower crash bars, Madstad windscreen, headlight protectors, center stand, top box plate, OEM panniers, top bag, along with a RAM mount to hold my phone as well. Looking at a Corbin seat possibly as well. It's nice to have all of those options for upgrades.

Due to my inherent speed bug, I'd love to have some more acceleration on tap, but realistically, it has way more power than I'll ever need.

Overall, I feel like I made the right first bike pick for me. Hoping it is one I can be happy with for a long time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was initially looking at the NC700X, but one of the complaints is that it lacked enough power to quickly pass at highway speeds.
I was also planning to get an NC700X with DCT until I couldn't find any in southern California. I'm glad I ended up with the Africa Twin. The extra torque at highway speeds after a quick down shift is really nice to quickly move through gaps and get to where I need to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts