Because I found this post on adv forum and it's concerning...
(it was translated by a guy from advrider)
(it was translated by a guy from advrider)
I could only add far worse quality of welds on crf1100.9 REASONS FOR AFRICA TWIN CRF 1000 MOTORCYCLE BETTER THAN AFRICA TWIN CRF 1100…!
1. ENGINE - Africa Twin CRF 1100 engine is disposable (I believe meaning non-reparable), the sleeves (probably talking about cylinder liners) of which are cast with a block, which is the cheapest "Chinese" solution for one of the most expensive motorcycles in its class !!!; (Africa Twin CRF 1000 - comes with a serviceable engine with steel sleeves and two repair sizes).
2. ALUMINUM SUB-FRAME - Africa Twin CRF 1100 is attached to the frame on 4 bolts - with a horizontal impact (side fall on a hard pannier) - it is guaranteed to break in half and you will not go anywhere, as Honda frankly says, imagine the price for this subframe is $ 1,200; (Africa Twin CRF 1000 - comes with a solid welded sub-frame of tubular type with vertical and horizontal rigidity - at any fall with the sub-frame nothing happens, and if something happens everything is easily solved by welding;
3. FRAME - Africa Twin CRF 1100 - is a disposable structure from which the manufacturer stole all the metal, and set himself the task to make sure that in case of any fall, the owner of the new Africa Twin CRF 1100 - just threw the motorcycle on scrap metal !!! This includes reducing the thickness of the metal of the steering column (twice), reducing the metal on the front bracket of the shank and what is just shocking to me - the complete lack of horizontal rigidity of the diagonals of the upper ridge of the half-duplex frame (Honda - you went crazy round-the-world trips ???).
(Africa Twin CRF 1000 - everything is very good with the frame, so good that there is no similar heavy tour enduro in the world with a full-fledged half-duplex cross-enduro frame).
4. Swing-arm - Africa Twin CRF 1100 - is a cheap **** welded from 5 separate parts in comparison with a solid cast swing-arm on Africa Twin CRF 1000;
5. Wheels - Africa Twin CRF 1100 - is a one-time good ****, which after the first serious hit will have to be thrown away and the motorcycle will not be able to go further, the price of the disc is 3000 US dollars, in addition, the outside rim (holding pard of the rim) is thinner than the BMW GS 1250 on the whole - 3 mm, Honda - well, you have become worse than those that in principle can not be made worse! However, you managed it Honda!
6. MULTIMEDIA - Africa Twin CRF 1100 is a dangerous device that the manufacturer must PROHIBIT immediately !!! I do not understand which of the engineers came up with the idea to make a motorcycle, where the multimedia and navigation system works only if you have a headset or headphones in your ears ??? In my opinion, riding a motorcycle with headphones is absolutely unacceptable and dangerous! It seems that your goal was to kill more people when making this motorcycle and it is not an impression, because the monitor does not light up until the driver presses the Enter button indicating that he takes responsibility for the fact that Honda made rubbish to which need to distract the driver (it's all under the guise of new technology) well, you're just out of your mind Honda…!
7. CHEAP MATERIAL - Africa Twin CRF 1100 - compared to the Africa Twin CRF 1000, the 2020 motorcycle has saved on everything from small things like rotating lights from the CRF 250 Rally to very serious design changes.
8. COOLING SYSTEM - Africa Twin CRF 1100 is designed to overload the engine to the maximum temperature! Honda increased piston stroke from 75.1 mm on Africa Twin CRF 1000 to 81.5 mm on Africa Twin CRF 1100 (WITHOUT DESIGNING CYLINDER UNIT AND WATER SHIRT), thus increasing the plane of the lower part of the sleeve (cylinder liner), which is beyond the bag increase by 1/10 of the share of cooling in the oil bath, because the lower recess of the sleeves made them inaccessible to the coolant! Well, here Honda did not stop, thinking what to do, even worse, that this **** just broke slipping in the swamp and did not come up with anything worse than just stupidly close the return air from the radiators, leaving only a hole for fans that almost never stop running unlike Africa Twin CRF 1000 - in which fans almost never turn on!
9. FASTENING SYSTEM Africa Twin CRF 1100 is designed by addicts who have saved on the most important parts of the motorcycle, it is a reduction in the diameter and size of the bolts of the upper, lower traverse (triple clamp), front wheel axle, engine mount, etc.! Everything is very cheap, unprofessional and irresponsible, unlike the Africa Twin CRF 1000.
As the owner of two motorcycles Africa Twin CRF 1000 and Africa Twin CRF 1100 Adventure Sports (the latter has already been sold) I can say that Africa Twin 2020 is a complete intrigue in a good wrapper priced at 20,000+ US dollars, whose client Honda sends nah ( ..y, giving this junk 1 (one) year warranty (in country of writer's origin) !!! In fact, Africa Twin 2020 is not worth 1/3 of the funds that Africa Twin CRF 1000 costs.
Honda, Africa Twin RD-07, CRF 1000 L - people were choosing for being the best in the world in the RELIABLE category, everyone knew that this is a machine that is always able to show itself and prove that it is better ..
At that point, Honda turned into a company that started making expensive, cheap, lonely ****!