Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally putting the bike back together after installing the Booster Plug. Hooking up the connectors and hoses under the bottom of the tank, I found this hose that was disconnected but I'll be dipped if I can see where it was hooked up. I think it's part of the evap system but where the heck does it connect?

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Skidplate,
That hose is the breather/over flow hose on the fuel tank hooks up on under side of the fuel tank.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[That hose is the breather/over flow hose on the fuel tank hooks up on under side of the fuel tank.
Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
That's what I thought at first, but there's a larger hose that came off a bung on the bottom of the tank. I dont see where any other hoses would hook up on the tank, besides of course the main fuel with quick disconnect.
And I also considered what Gerhard said about coming off the bottom of the airbox.
Please be wrong, I just got a tinge of pain in my chest thinking about pulling that kunting airbox off again.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi!

I was checking the pic once again against the drawings within the workshop manual.

It is definitely the breather hose coming from the fuel tank!

No need to remove the air box once again.

Cheers, gerhard

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts