Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my DCT a couple of weeks now and love it.

I’m interested in what feedback the DCT system uses to determine upshifts and downshifts in different conditions and can’t find much online to read. I’m riding mostly in S1 at the moment as I find that most suitable for general tarmac rides. I’m interested in what feedback the bike uses to determine a shift or when not to shift.

Such as approaching a corner. I manually knock it down a couple of gears with the paddle to get engine braking before the corner. The lean and a steady throttle through the corner seem to cleverly prevent a upshift and then once I’m upright upshifting occurs. A light touch on a brake (without actually braking) seems to prevent a upshift also. I assume the bike also gets some feedback from a pitch sensor to determine ascent or decent.

I’d like to read up more on what feedback/algorithms the bike uses to up and downshift, not only to improve my ride but also from a geeky perspective. Occasionally I’ve had a upshift when I really didn’t want one.

I have the 2017 (I know the 2018 is a bit more user configurable but couldn’t afford).

If you know of any good links or resources, I’d appreciate that. TIA ?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Title:
Honda R&D Technical Review Vol.28 No.2

There are no separate lean or gradient sensors on the bike but the ECM software
uses several sensors to estimate or "sense" as if those were there.
There are no descriptions of algorithms used but seems straightforward
as they applied the "K.I.S.S" theory on everything the system does well.

Reactions: Barry Sayer
1 - 2 of 2 Posts