Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum. Just took delivery of '16 DCT in the Northeast US. The owner's manual makes mention of several items including a document bag and hex wrench under the front seat as well as a tool kit which is located in the the tool box. The only items I've found so far on this bike is the bare owner's manual and helmet strap under the front seat.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Screw driver and allen key, same as the others.

I have put together a Cruz Tools metric kit plus some Motion Pro aluminum tire irons that have a wrench on the off side for the wheel nuts.

Whats up Honda? :-/

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pretty funny, considering the Christmas season :)

In my tool box, I received a single screw driver and a plastic fuse puller.

I ended up creating my own mix of tools for the tool box.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ya, pretty disappointing to open a fancy dedicated tool box to find......a screwdriver.
The tool box seems to small to actually fit any tools. Anyone experimented with tools under the seat?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've got a small electric pump and two tire tools/box wrenches under my seat. patch type tube repair kit,rubber gloves, rag, jb weld and a multi tool in the tool box.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks mudslingr
That's good news
I haven't begun to assemble a tool kit for this bike, so hadn't tried under seat yet.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Quote "I got a screwdriver...But it is both phillips and flat head"

That screwdriver would be JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) NOT Phillips.

There is. Difference. Use a Phillips on the bike and yes it will work - until you encounter a stuck or tight screw where the Phillips driver will cam-out and strip the head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts