Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new (~4000mi) AT ADV Sport is shaping up nicely thanks to beefier crash bars and luggage rack(Outback Mototek), center stand, Clearwater lights, Mosko backcountry panniers, Heidenau K60Scouts, and a shaved down stock seat to allow me to flat foot (I also have the factory lower seat in perfect condition if anyone is interested, but please don't insult me but make a reasonable offer, you pay shipping or pick up in the Bay Area).

I'm wondering what tools you carry onboard when you set off on a trip? I think I carry too many tools but haven't found a source that tells me the essentials.

TIA for your ideas.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My tool kit is pictured, plus spare levers, the allen key that fits most of the bolts and a front inner tube.

I can remove a wheel and fix a puncture at the side of the road if required (but I dont want to!)

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Trackpig,

What brand are those red tire irons?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Trackpig,
I don't think you can remove the front wheel with those tools. Have you tried loosening the front axle with that tire iron and insert. Mine wouldn't fit because of the fender mount. What is that black tool at the top of the pic with several sizes marked on it? Could that remove the axle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts