Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's the strongest pannier/saddlebag rack for a 2019 AT Adventure Sport?

By strongest I mean which rack can handle the most weight and best hold up to crashes.
I'm seeing that some racks mount directly to the frame and some don't.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
"Heavy Duties" racks, like the name imply, mount directly to the frame. Pretty solid.
Heavy Duties | Adventure Luggage and Protection
lol
that guy in the video got lucky, just clipping that rock with his case, don’t care who you are and who makes your pannier, smashing head onto anything immobile with them does NOT end good, I’m guessing that rock skipping incident was not planned.

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Yes. I'm going with mosko or kriega but need to pick a rack also.
sorry can’t help you there, my cases are hard like my head

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have no side cases, however, I understand from the Forum why some choose soft for these situations when hard things collide. The soft versions tend to survive better.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looking at the designs of all the racks for the AT...... I had 2 requirements. 1) They had to be symmetrical. 2) They had to be as bomb proof as possible.

I went with the happy trail rack. Each side connects solidly under the seat, bottom front corners attach to pillion peg bolt, a horizontal bar to each side connects under the fender, and another connects both sides to each other below the license plate. My bike has been down multiple times (with hard boxes) with minimal to no tweaking. One was at 35mph coming down an unused gravel trail and the front tire slid into a mud rut and into the ditch I went. A couple of scrapes is all. I should add, the symmetrical design allows for you to install a rotopax or tool box on the inside of rack opposite of the exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at the designs of all the racks for the AT...... I had 2 requirements. 1) They had to be symmetrical. 2) They had to be as bomb proof as possible.

I went with the happy trail rack. Each side connects solidly under the seat, bottom front corners attach to pillion peg bolt, a horizontal bar to each side connects under the fender, and another connects both sides to each other below the license plate. My bike has been down multiple times (with hard boxes) with minimal to no tweaking. One was at 35mph coming down an unused gravel trail and the front tire slid into a mud rut and into the ditch I went. A couple of scrapes is all. I should add, the symmetrical design allows for you to install a rotopax or tool box on the inside of rack opposite of the exhaust. View attachment 53337
Thanks for the solid info. During my initial internet searching happy tail and tourtech stood out as being strong. It's great to hear from someone that owns one of those.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went for GIVI Trakker Outback series.
For me best on the market.
Extremely sturdy
Top one is 58 litres, Left side 48 and right side 37 litres.
top class panniers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went for GIVI Trakker Outback series.
For me best on the market.
Extremely sturdy
Top one is 58 litres, Left side 48 and right side 37 litres.
top class panniers
Thanks Jose,
I'm only asking about racks and have already picked out panniers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks Jose,
I'm only asking about racks and have already picked out panniers
These racks are really strong but I believe it’s only for GIVI panniers....
Needed to dismantle whole aft of the bike to mount them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts