Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in the process of doing the outex tubeless conversion and fitting Pirelli Rally STR’s, I need some weights to balance the wheels and I have 2 x oem spoke weights that are 15g each, one is not enough and 2 is too much, Honda also do a 20g one, but I’d have to order that one and it may well be not enough, will a couple of grams make a big difference to the balance?. Are there any alternative spoke type weights other than the Honda oem one available (in the UK) please.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Can you take some material off one of the weights. I use stick on ones rather than the ones that wrap around the spokes. My rims are Alpina

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really, the inside shape is designed to fit onto the spoke nipple and then crushed to stop them moving. I have found other types on fleabay that are made of brass, different lengths/weights and use a grub screw to hold them tight. These ones are made of brass, would that be a. problem with stainless spokes?

·
Registered
287 Posts
In the old days, lol, we had the same weights Honda use now, but they were lead, If we needed extra weight we tended to fit thick copper wire wrapped tightly around the spoke and kept in position with a little insulating tape, nothing fancy in them days,

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yes ! I like those D D ,:grin2: Had to smile at the torque wrench set for numpties , :frown2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts