Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Africa Twin (CRF1000 DCT)
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The largest ring fork key i bring with me in the toolbox are 22mm
i wonder it this compact Wheel-Removal-Change-Wrench-Tool found on Ebay are doing the job when removing the back wheel
or should i go for a separate 27mm ring fork key
Regards Svendus

·
Registered
552 Posts
I've seen photos of them in pieces. The chinese copy cat items.
I wish I knew what happened to the original source vendor who did not use butter :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've seen photos of them in pieces. The chinese copy cat items.
I wish I knew what happened to the original source vendor who did not use butter :)
I have a set I keep under my seat just for emergencies. I was quite impressed considering the price.
I doubt they would stand up to daily use but I did try them on my bike and they worked perfectly. Ideal for what I needed them for.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a separate 27mm ring fork key, are quite a bit off iron to keep in the toolbox and drive around with🥵

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow - I have a set of these. I tried it several times tightening and loosening the axle nuts on the front and rear to assure myself it was strong enough and I had no problems with it. How much torque did it take to do that?
Wow - I have a set of these. I tried it several times tightening and loosening the axle nuts on the front and rear to assure myself it was strong enough and I had no problems with it. How much torque did it take to do that?
I'm sure it's like anything Chinese, luck of the draw. I have a drill press from Harbor Freight (US Chinese tool store) that has been solid for 15 years. I've bought any number of other items that have failed first use. With tire irons/wrenches, on the side of the trail/road with a breakdown is not the place to discover your tool luck ran out.....Only carry quality in the pannier...

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stockton Aluminum Off Road Tire Combo Lever Set
Thank you 🙏
It seems to that you can get the levers on Ebay as well

·
Registered
471 Posts
I sawed the open end off a pair of cheap combination wrenches to make them fit in the tool roll, but I'm pretty cheap.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thank you
It seems to that you can get the levers on Ebay as well

And they are rubbish. I bought some and they snapped like the other guy's spanner.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ebay stuff = Buyer Beware
At least Stockton is backed by Revzilla/Cycle Gear in US

·
Registered
139 Posts
I sawed the open end off a pair of cheap combination wrenches to make them fit in the tool roll, but I'm pretty cheap.
I did the same, I used harbor freight wrenches without the raised grip panels. Surprisingly good steel. Took more effort to cut and file into tire spoons than I expected.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did the same, I used harbor freight wrenches without the raised grip panels. Surprisingly good steel. Took more effort to cut and file into tire spoons than I expected.
With a little heat 790 Centigrade or 1450 Farenheit
you can even forge a tire iron in the cut end if you want when it is Cherry bright Color hot
My toolbox takes 300 mm long tools 👍

1 - 20 of 22 Posts