Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
478 Posts
Wheelie goes to 3 only @Wheelies4Jesus .
Traction Control goes to 7.

I have read on 3 it barely lifts off the ground.
On 2 level, 1 feet off the ground.
On level 1, 45 degres.
On Level zero, Hold On!!!!!!

I did not verified this never, only read it in some place. I am too chicken out to try this. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wheelie goes to 3 only @Wheelies4Jesus .
Traction Control goes to 7.

I have read on 3 it barely lifts off the ground.
On 2 level, 1 feet off the ground.
On level 1, 45 degres.
On Level zero, Hold On!!!!!!

I did not verified this never, only read it in some place. I am too chicken out to try this. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
My bad. Just got my bike last week and got the settings backwards in my head!
I have it on 7 and 3 while running the motor in.

·
Registered
2021 CRF1100 manual
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bad. Just got my bike last week and got the settings backwards in my head!
I have it on 7 and 3 while running the motor in.
I think the only backwards one is the power. The rest are normal. Right @Hood ? Im slowly learning that/reminding myself when riding in user modes.

Thanks @ViperTech18 i will start practicing. Im not near the 0 mode, but 1 and 2 will be helpful.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
4,264 Posts
I think the only backwards one is the power. The rest are normal. Right @Hood ? Im slowly learning that/reminding myself when riding in user modes.

Thanks @ViperTech18 i will start practicing. Im not near the 0 mode, but 1 and 2 will be helpful.
All of the AT’s numbers; the higher the number the more intrusive it is..

With “P” mode it doesn’t cut the power it inserts ramping to the throttle response, the higher the number the longer the ramp up..

Honda could of avoided this confusion by just a letter, adding a “R” to the “P” for PR = Power Reduction or Power Ramping what ever you prefer..

·
Super Moderator
10,164 Posts
Depending on the way you think about it Engine Braking could be seen as backwards, 1 is most braking 3 is least.
Using the "most intrusive Forum paradigm", a matt black hole could be forming:

The higher the value, the more "intrusive" Honda is managing the feature.

So at "3", Honda is being maximally intrusive at interfering with engine braking (EB), hence, the least amount of engine braking.

Just remember that in a pinch when frantically changing your EB value on-the-fly. Easy peasy. o_O The Honda way.

(What total crap, eh?)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone know the limits of wheelie control? Like what do each level mean?
Can't give you any figures, but I leave mine on level 2. It seems to pull a decent wheelie away from the lights if I'm in the mood, but level 2 is fine for me. I have no skill in this dark art, and the prospect of breaking many expensive things and looking like a 100% bell end won't persuade me otherwise!

·
Registered
23 Posts

Actually none of the setting are backwards from each other!, It's just how the Japanse think about it compared to us, like their owners or service manuals for anything made in Japan! We leaned to call it "Jinglish" or Japanse English, I used to be a HKS Japan Pro dealer, I leaned eventually how they think. Honda is no difference so here you go, print this out and put it in your tank bag or staple it into your owners manual!

The fewer the pie chunks or the lower the number the least the bike is limited by electronics, ex;
-So max power 1 pie chunk, max engine power
-Wheelie control @ 0 then wheeling over onto your head, 1 gets y ou 45deg's.
-Traction control 1 the least intervention
-engine braking 1 the most engine braking,

and so on down the line. Lower number or less chunks of pie the meaner your AT,

So I know, it took me a year of riding it to get it in my head that the lower the pie chunks or the lower the numbers the meaner your machine is! Easy peasy. For us English people we don't think backwards like the Japanse, remember the Japanese read books from the front to the back as well. Page 1 is at the back of the book 😵‍💫. This explains a lot actually, I know is more logical for us is the bigger the pie chucks or the bigger the number the meaner your bike. But like reading a book from the back its no wonder the Africa Twin TFT is the opposite actually the more pies and number the safer your bike is to ride! I think also that Honda might have done it that way to protect us all from ourselves ! 😵‍💫

Reg

·
Registered
22 AT CRF1100 | 18 NC750X
28 Posts
I test it a bit the first week I got the bike, as the numbers where making me confused, so I tried to mess up with the settings until I understood and got what I wanted.

The first time I manage to pull a wheelie it was great, until I pushed the rear break and while the bike touch the ground I moved up in the seat closer to the tank and my balls hit the tank hard :D. Know-out there!!!

I have now the quick shifter but haven't tried since I installed it, but I want to do it when I am in the summer break.

From what I understood, if the level is at 1 it does not let you push it too hard to go backwards, which gives some confidence. The landing the the hard part, to make it smooth and make sure you don't loose the balance.
Still is hard to go crazy and get too confident and a little mistake you have a 15k bike on the ground :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts