Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,thanks for all advice so far.This forum reason I'm getting AT.need some advice on next move.1/is the oem headed grips sorted or should I hold back and wait.2/which is the better medal box panniers and top box; the Givi or Touro Tech.3/crash bars top and bottom:Givi or Touro Tech.4/should i put on back Huggars and front Fender Extender,where can u get carbon fibre ones.

·
Registered
170 Posts
From what I've read, the Honda grips are not sorted yet. I just put on the cheap wrap type for now. I have the Honda bags and trunk and for me I think they are fine but I'm sure the other are more durable and more expensive. As far as crash bars go, I'm going with the Touratechs, I think for the price its a no brainer. Cant help on the hugger or extender. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi Guys,thanks for all advice so far.This forum reason I'm getting AT.need some advice on next move.1/is the oem headed grips sorted or should I hold back and wait.2/which is the better medal box panniers and top box; the Givi or Touro Tech.3/crash bars top and bottom:Givi or Touro Tech.4/should i put on back Huggars and front Fender Extender,where can u get carbon fibre ones.
Rockie

there are no absolutes in life, no black and white, right or wrong, buy whatever panniers/top box/huggers/grips/spots etc you like, not what others like. Everything is subjective, Givi for one TT for another and OEM for others again. It really doesn't matter what others think. It is nice to get others opinion on the quality of a product but it is just an opinion and to suit thier riding style and environment. Dont fret all this stuff, if you buy wrong it is not the end of the world. Just enjoy your bike when you get it, forget huggers (why do you want them?) and the rest of it until you need it, it suits your requirement or it makes you feel good. Whatever you buy will of been your choice and you will make it work.

Terry

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for advice.to many chooses.had a CBF 600 and was a nightmare keeping tar and grime off pipes and radiator.thought a Fender Extender keep things bit cleaner as Huggar on back.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Seems that the OEM headed grips is now sorted. They are changing all the control unit. But I go for the Oxford. I don't like where they put the switch. Be careful with top box. Charge is limited due to the support in plastic.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oxford heated grips (I feel the Honda grips are totally overpriced) | Touratech crash bars - LOW bars ONLY! (compromise between look and protection) | Specific CRF1000L GIVI Topcase mount set (SR1144 - KR1144) with GIVI Topcase carrier plate M5 (gives a very stable mounting base) | GIVI Topcase Trekker Outback 42L

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just had the Honda grips installed. At the number two (out of five) setting they were perfect for 35-50°f soaking wet weather that seeped through my gloves. (About 3-10°c for those not using USA units.) I've been told they are prone to failure, so we will see. I like the flashing LED that tells me where they are set so I don't have to parse the cluttered cluster to find the minute icon to see where they are set.

I can't help you with the other two...yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts