Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... First post, been reading this forum for months. Lots of good reading on his site. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new AT. I am getting the DCT model however I am undecided about which color. Really like the red/black/white...but the more I see the white/blue I'm second guessing which one to get. Has anyone purchased one color then wish they got the other? Looking for suggestions to push me either way. Thanks in advance for commenting. Paul

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same issue. Red and black or tri-colour? I ordered the truth-colour in the end and pick it up in 2 days.

I still love the red and black though and hope I've not made the wrong choice.

I'll report back shortly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was all set to get silver, but then I saw the red in person and really liked it. Then, I of course saw that the upcoming model year would finally bring the tricolor. It was a tough choice and I decided I didn't want to wait for the 17s since the only real change was color availability (and I saved some $$).
I'm happy with the rally red, but I do think that if I ever replace the rims, I'll get gold ones ;) I do have a small touch of blue bling in the fork adjusters and a blue anodized steering stem hole cover.
They're all attractive bikes, and they all get covered in dirt.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello... First post, been reading this forum for months. Lots of good reading on his site. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new AT. I am getting the DCT model however I am undecided about which color. Really like the red/black/white...but the more I see the white/blue I'm second guessing which one to get. Has anyone purchased one color then wish they got the other? Looking for suggestions to push me either way. Thanks in advance for commenting. Paul
The dakar red all the way!!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Right now I wouldn't care what colour - put my deposit on a Red Standard on 7-January and still no bike. Dealer recently received a load of DCT's and tricolour standards though all are pre-sold -- many with deposit a month+ later than mine.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Reckon' its my personality. I like brightly colored/graphic motorcycles. Love the Repsol Honda scheme on CBRs, loved the Rothman's Honda scheme on the old NS400R. For me Ducatis should only come in one color; Red. Gimme a "bumble-bee" yellow Yamaha.

So when I saw the AT and living in the US, Rally Red was the only option for me. However, the Dark Grey/Silver is really good looking. The Grey/Silver/Black with the red Honda emblems really compliments each other. Then add in that my local dealer has knocked 1k of the asking price since its a 2016... Might have been a good option. So I had some second thoughts.

Then now I see the tri-color Euro version is available here in the US. If I was a buying a 2017 model today, I would have a very hard time deciding on color. But for what I got my left-over 2016 in Rally Red which was my first choice in colors at the time I'm completely happy...

Now seeing that one UK company sells fiberglass aftermarket body panels, I'm seriously contemplating how to get a set here in the US at a reasonable shipping cost, a spare gas tank and having it custom painted Rothman's Honda colors...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have labored this decision myself. I like the red a lot but the Tricolor screams Mike Tyson with gold front teeth:
“You makin fun a me? I will bust you up” (repeat this in a squeaky voice at fast temp 3 times to get in the mood)

So the Tricolor it is :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
They're all nice color schemes. I opted for tricolor but the red is really nice and I really wish they brought the black to the states!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Canadian 2016 AT Black

Black AT's sold out so fast in 2016 so went to order a black 2017 only to learn the black colour was discontinued. Honda????
I think a black AT with gold anodized rims would look stunning (dirty or clean). May have to go the tri-colour way and replace panels.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'd rather a Tri-colour with black rims, but couldn't find anyone at my dealer ordering a red one that wanted gold rims.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd rather a Tri-colour with black rims, but couldn't find anyone at my dealer ordering a red one that wanted gold rims.
I really wanted a tri-color because I love the classic Africa Twin look. I was bummed when it wasn't offered in the US in 2016. But just like you, the gold rims are a killer for me. So when the 2017 was announced and the tri-color only came with gold rims I pulled the plug on my silver DCT :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Black AT's sold out so fast in 2016 so went to order a black 2017 only to learn the black colour was discontinued. Honda????
I think a black AT with gold anodized rims would look stunning (dirty or clean). May have to go the tri-colour way and replace panels.

My dealer had a black one that 2 other people had expressed interest in buying but deals just couldn't get done.....so I scooped it up !! :laugh: Really thought I would get a Tri-colored when I first was looking at Africa Twins but this black will be such a rare bike I couldn't pass it up !

·
Registered
166 Posts
My dealer had a black one that 2 other people had expressed interest in buying but deals just couldn't get done.....so I scooped it up !! Really thought I would get a Tri-colored when I first was looking at Africa Twins but this black will be such a rare bike I couldn't pass it up !
If black had been available in the US, I would have scooped that up, too!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts