Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been 7 weeks since I bought my bike and been scouring for stuff like lowered pegs, crash bars, pannier racks, etc. When I enter my bike in the search field either in Amazon or Ebay, very little if anything is available for the '18 ATAS DCT. So wanted to know which parts for other versions like the non-DCT or non-ATAS as well as different years can be substituted so that they don't have to specify that it can also be used for the ATAS dct model.

If there is another thread regarding this any help pointing me in that direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Been 7 weeks since I bought my bike and been scouring for stuff like lowered pegs, crash bars, pannier racks, etc. When I enter my bike in the search field either in Amazon or Ebay, very little if anything is available for the '18 ATAS DCT.
Top Tip.. when searching for parts, NEVER use that dumb acronym.

type in the bikes full name: Africa Twin Adventure Sports.

You only really need to specify that its the DCT variant if the parts you are looking at are fixed to or close to the engine. Its only in the region of the engine.. and obviously the clutch lever and pedal that the two bikes differ. Often.. when its important, the seller will give you the option of ordering the part based on transmission. Manual or DCT.

There is a lot of after market parts available for these bikes, but the first principle is to use its name.

The acronym.. as far as I can tell is purely a forum/facebook label. I have never seen it used in any aftermarket product advertisement.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll keep searching but the side pannier and top pillion racks are also different from Altrider, SW-Motech, and Tusk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts