Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got this combination. The paperwork is right in telling you that it doesn't work with the OEM heated grips. The reason is because there's a plastic insert that you're supposed to wedge under the grip, over the throttle plastic, that has a flat surface for the kaoko to press against, for the friction throttle lock.

All is not lost, though. I figured out a solution. Instead of using that plastic collar, I looked around my shop for something to act as a thick shim. What I used was an old key ring. Not the kind that has a ridge to it like most, but flat on both sides. Worked perfectly. And still does.

I would think that you could use a washer or cut something out of a plastic tray that would do the same thing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got this combination. The paperwork is right in telling you that it doesn't work with the OEM heated grips. The reason is because there's a plastic insert that you're supposed to wedge under the grip, over the throttle plastic, that has a flat surface for the kaoko to press against, for the friction throttle lock.

All is not lost, though. I figured out a solution. Instead of using that plastic collar, I looked around my shop for something to act as a thick shim. What I used was an old key ring. Not the kind that has a ridge to it like most, but flat on both sides. Worked perfectly. And still does.

I would think that you could use a washer or cut something out of a plastic tray that would do the same thing.
Do you know off hand which one you have? Someone pointed me to the KAO.KBB310. Found here: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/kaok...a-twin-crf1000l-16-with-barkbuster-handguards

This one says it works with only bark busters and it does work with heated grips.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That listing wasn't available three months ago when I got mine from Revzilla. Under the AT listing, you got type 1 or type 2, I got the 2.

Looks like this one lists that it works without mods. Cool.

·
Registered
105 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts