Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Premium Member
2020 ATAS ES DCT
Strange that no one is replying to you ? Welcome to the forum, ride it like you stole it, and thank goodness you don鈥檛 have to be the one to knock the newness off of it! Like I did mine.

Administrator
The Guidelines are contained in a sticky post in the classified section...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Guidelines are contained in a sticky post in the classified section...

Thanks鈥 I should have thought of looking there.. I was looking in the FAQs, and all the joining emails. Now it makes sense鈥 although I feel the 10:10 rule is possible aimed at sellers, not necessarily potential buyers. But hey-ho.

Still, might have been useful if the mods who had deleted my previous post gave me a link like you did, rather than leave me guessing.

Administrator
Thanks鈥 I should have thought of looking there.. I was looking in the FAQs, and all the joining emails. Now it makes sense鈥 although I feel the 10:10 rule is possible aimed at sellers, not necessarily potential buyers. But hey-ho.

Still, might have been useful if the mods who had deleted my previous post gave me a link like you did, rather than leave me guessing.
The 10:10 rule is likely more aimed at sellers, but I don't believe that there is any way to differentiate between the two as far as the rule goes. I could check with @africatwinadmin, but I believe it has to be a global rule.

Other parts of it are due to the system being abused. We would get people who would respond to a thread of say a picture of an AT with posts like...

Post #1: Wow
Post #2: That
Post #3: Is
Post #4: A
Post #5: Really
Post #6: Cool
Post #7: Looking
Post #8: Africa
Post #9: Twin
Post #10: Pictured
Post #11: There

So yeah, a lot of rules are in place because of one bad apple... :)

But as Hood pointed out, as for buyers, mentioning @seller, like Oh by the way @Hood I am interesting in buying your exhaust you listed in classifieds would work at maybe getting the sellers attention.

Administrator
The joys of running a forum鈥 I genuinely don鈥檛 know how mods do it鈥 but although I was moaning above, it鈥檚 meant to be constructive and I really do appreciate the people who volunteer to do it.
It is a valid point that you make about buyers vs sellers, but the rules and how to edit/modify them are above my pay grade. That is "Super Admin" level stuff and they are all VS Staff. Editing rules is something that we have to submit to the VS staff and wait for a response on. But I will take the suggestion to heart and make an inquiry to see if they can be modified or if they must be global :)

Administrator
I submitted an inquiry, but after doing so I wondered if the issue was actually with the 10:10 rule for classifieds or the 10:10 rule for PM's. I am trying to understand the issue better so that I can clarify the inquiry. Are you trying to respond to a thread created by the seller and you are unable to post a response? Or are you attempting to PM the seller and unable to send him a PM?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I submitted an inquiry, but after doing so I wondered if the issue was actually with the 10:10 rule for classifieds or the 10:10 rule for PM's. I am trying to understand the issue better so that I can clarify the inquiry. Are you trying to respond to a thread created by the seller and you are unable to post a response? Or are you attempting to PM the seller and unable to send him a PM?
Turns out it鈥檚 both

Administrator
It is as far as the 10:10 rule. We had a recent spate of "members" joining up, posting a welcome message, and then attempting to scam users via PM. They were scanning the classifieds, looking for users who posted that they were interested in an item for sale, and then PM'ing them that they had a friend who had the same item for sale. Price was lower, no photos to show, cash up front, etc. One poor guy was receiving PM's from like 6 of them.

Again...a few rotten apples :(

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Turns out it鈥檚 both
I was trying to reply to the original post in classified, so thought I would try to PM them, but both can up against the restriction鈥 which now I know about it, makes sense.
I did try to @ but that got deleted鈥 probably due to being part of my aim to increase my posts.

Now I understand the rules, its fine. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is as far as the 10:10 rule. We had a recent spate of "members" joining up, posting a welcome message, and then attempting to scam users via PM. They were scanning the classifieds, looking for users who posted that they were interested in an item for sale, and then PM'ing them that they had a friend who had the same item for sale. Price was lower, no photos to show, cash up front, etc. One poor guy was receiving PM's from like 6 of them.

Again...a few rotten apples :(
Oh FFS that鈥檚 frustrating鈥 I鈥檒l wait it out. 馃憤

1 - 16 of 16 Posts