Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and good night, I've had the same trouble twice now so im getting worried that it aint just a fluke. My bike's engine wont start up even after the starter does his job. I looked at the manual and by holding down the starter button and having the throttle open all the way for 5 seconds, it resets the TPS. This makes my bike start up correctly. Now the question is, why does this happen? At first i found this solution without knowing WHAT is does (resetting TPS) and now I dont know WHY it keeps happening. My theory is that, its either something to do with the HISS (ive been keeping a backup key nearby) or its the way I turn it off (I just pull out the key without turning it off). Both kinda seem like a longshot but its the only things ive noticed.

Do you guys have any idea of what it could be? Oh yeah, the DTC threw me codes 77 and 79, however I dont know what these means nor know where I can look them up because google gave me nothing. If anyone could help you with that as well, id be very thankful.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just realized this is on the CRF1000 forums, my bad. i'll be moving over there

1 - 2 of 2 Posts